1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
964 Posts
It makes me cry a little bit to think back about how much work it was to find and install all that stuff to get through PA emissions inspection :( I was holding out hope until the stainless tube that goes around the front of the engine got chopped in half. The video could have been salvaged by reaching down to grab that driver's side manifold fitting after it fell cwm4:D

Other than those minor complaints, nice job.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol, well it was still hot from me heating it with the torch and i didn't have any gloves. :D
I was going to edit that out but it was so funny, and that kind of stuff happens to everybody - couldn't have you look too professional! :D
But you're right, man - it looks like this will be helpful for people.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I couldn't resist ^ NICE AVATAR! The intro to Omega Man is awesome.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Awesome video! Nice editing and production. What kind of camera did you use?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Thanks for the video walk-thru. I didn't have a nice big cut-off wheel like Goldmaster so I had to use my Dremel. It worked, but I think I went through a five pack of wheels! Also was caught off guard when water started pouring out of the tube under the car when it was cut. Then I remembered that was why it wasn't working in the first place.:D

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Thanks for the video walk-thru. I didn't have a nice big cut-off wheel like Goldmaster so I had to use my Dremel. It worked, but I think I went through a five pack of wheels! Also was caught off guard when water started pouring out of the tube under the car when it was cut. Then I remembered that was why it wasn't working in the first place.:D
A mini tube cutter (plumbers tool) works great in tight areas.

On mine, there was a bolt - tough to access - holding the tube on the passenger side. It's been so long now I don't recall, but it was attached either to the block or the accessory bracket. Didn't see that in the video or even on that part of his tube.

Also, a good time to do a mech fan delete if so equipped. Now you can see and more easily work on your engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
That was the best auto video and editing ive seen so far.Great work!!!

·
Registered
617 Posts
I used this video to delete mine and I was 18 at the time! WARNING: watch out for flying hot metal in your face if using a saw, I used a zawsaw and had a flying piece get in my eye! besides that it went smooth

·
Registered
177 Posts
Ok, probably something very obvious is flying over my head, yet I have a question:
In the video, at time 3:50, he unplugs the temperature sensor, and then the coil.
Then, at 5:55, he ties the plugs up.

Does the temperature sensor get hooked-up again?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Does the temperature sensor get hooked-up again?
You might not even have to unplug the temp sensor. I didn't need to to get to the air pump bracket. The plugs that are tied off are those that previously were plugged into the air pump. The coil and temp sensor would both be plugged back in. Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts