Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gotta a 95 B4U. Want to remove the air pipes in exhaust manifolds. Does anyone know the thread size of the block off caps I need? Is it metric or SAE? Pipe thread or what?

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Cliff notes:

'94-early '95

You need a pair of oil drain plugs, Napa part number: BK 7041016. 7/8-18 thread.
(1964 Jeep Gladiator truck)

Late '95-'96

If you have this setup: then this will work:

They are a 5/8" flare cap, and can be had very cheap at Lowe's.

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts
I did mine in the spring, and did my research ahead of time and got these drain plugs that some other user had mentioned in a previous thread.

They didn't fit the holes in my '96 manifolds. I kept the fitting in the manifold and eded up using 5/8" flare caps from Depot or Lowes.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
THey are usually anodized blue and the anodizing will burn off eventually or discolor rather, but it is definitely an option, I will let you know for sure, but I am about 90% sure they will, I am deleting the pump on a 96 that I am working on right now, I will update when I know.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
I can't see your link from work, but this is one from Summit Racing.

$5-$6, depending on what you get.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Yeah it is the same thing I posted, just a blue one from Earls
Ha! I was referring to his ebay link. I totally missed your post!cwm2

I can see your link.:D

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys. Just what I needed. This is something I will be doing in the next couple of weeks.

Hey "94MI9C1", hope to see you @ woodward tommorrow. I will be there with MISSL. I should be (supposed to be) driving a 95 Beige (gold) b4u.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone had a problem with visual smog inspection in CA I want to remove all the air pump hose's and pump itself just to clean up things

1 - 16 of 16 Posts