Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I want to do a lowered suspension with my stock 17's and tires. I want the lowered look but want to play around with rear height a little. Does anybody know if you can have adjustable air shocks in the rear with lowered springs?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Mr. L AKA What snow again?:
why dont you jsut go for an air ride ?
200$ springs + 100$ helper springs = not that much money...

air ride = lots of money, air pump, air tank, hoses, etc... PITA and expensive.

But if you like your car slammed, air ride is almost the only option...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had air shocks on the back of a slammed 87 Cutlass before and it wouldnt raise the back of the car anymore after I road around with the air out of them. It messed them us when they were collapsed all the way done. They were the white high jacker kind.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Checking out the springs threads I think I will go with either the ST springs 2 inch drop front and back or the Spring Tech springs with a 2in drop in front and 3in drop in the rear. If I were to add the air shocks to adjust the ride height in the rear, would the shocks actually raise the rear of the car any due to the new lowered springs? I didn't want the car tires to rub the wheelwells if I had any backseat passengers. The airshocks would be able to raise the rear a little to clear the wheelwells or do you guys think I am very anal and want too much?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think yer anal J/K
I'd go the route of a helper spring(around the shock type?), or the boots inside the springs. but I personally think air shocks SUCK. (and I like slammed + "Hood Lifted" cars, even if lifted cars look gay.) It's either to stiff, the rear sags,or it won't stop bouncing IMO. but Every caddy I've had, had rear air shocks that were replaced with good ol, or new, gassers. Cause they were broken or kept blowing fuses.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would just get a pair of the AirLift load-assist bags that fit inside of the springs. That way you can add air for a firmer/higher ride height but still have the dampening of a quality shock(bilstein or monroe severe service). Airshocks, as you know replace your existing shocks so you're stuck with whatever dampening they provide!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.