Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way to route the air hose for the airlift bags on an impala ? Should i use the T line that came or run 2 independent lines and if i use the T how should i route them out back my exhaust comes out in the middle jus so u kno. 1 more question anyone got any experience with these bags in an impala i jus want em to keep the rear from saggin with the audio in their anyone know how they ride ? Jus tryin to get it ridin smooth not bouncy or too harsh want it somewhat smooth

·
Registered
8,571 Posts
Put the spacer on the top. And despite what the instructions say route the line through the top of the spring perch. Build in enough slack in the line for the bag to fall to the bottom of the coil.

Keep the bag collapsed with tiewraps and feed through the side. Use the tee, come out the license/gas door with your schraeder valve. Not much more to talk about.

BTW, bladders are not a substitution for good quality shocks too.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so i use tha T then i got sport bilsteins but wanted some help back their for the beat didnt wanna get the airshocks they ride like s hit but these should not give me to harsh of a ride though or what?

·
Registered
202 Posts
My .02.....I used the spacer on the bottom and ran the line that way. Then routed over top of the gas tank right to the 2 holes beside the fuel filler cap. The exhaust was routed at one time right behind the rear wheels and then later back to the stock location with no line issues. I used separate valves as I was drag stripping at the time and was air-ing up the right bag for launches. On my 9c1 it rode stiff but wasn't overly harsh with severe service shocks. Never hopped on stutter bumps in turns and lasted 100k miles on my first car...it towed 6500# regularly with them. Now they are on my newer 9c1. Good luck!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Keep in mind that the shocks and springs work together, but independently. The shock, is a spring damper - meaning it controls the speed that the spring contracts and extends. When you put air in the bag, it adds spring rate, meaning it takes more force to compress thse spring. Airlift recommends that you run 5psi at a minumum in the bags to have them hold in place and in shape in the spring. That pressure will add little if any rate. When you pump them up, which you may do if you have a bunch of gear in the trunk, you add rate.

I have mine at about 10psi in my wagon and the rear still rides nice - better than stock, IMHO, with the same shocks that you have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts