Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mine did too, I just put the relay back in, and all is well. I suppose it could be programmed out of the PCM, but I don't know this for a fact.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea the Engine light will come on u have to get te Air Pump programmed out of you Computer...If u take it to the delarship i beleive its $30-35 dollars..Dont forget to purchase a new emissions label you can get it from Dal www.vandere.com...

Ssebastiano

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was my understanding that this TSB was for 95-96 cars only. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'll gladly pull mine out too!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pulling it is not a problem, If you don't have visual inspections in you state/town. Here in Denver they check for the air pump, in Colorado Springs where HuSSker lives they most likely do not. The only reason to take it completely out is for looks and weight savings. If you just don't want it to work, unplug it!

Later,
Mav

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
to my understanding if you just unplug it don't need reprogram in the 94 an 95, but don't pull the relay, because it will give you a cel, just leave it hanging, now the 96 it has to be reflash or reprogram, this is what i read on a tread here in the forum,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.