Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I finally got my bags for the Imp. Shockwaves for the front to replace the Penske/Carrera coil-overs (already sold) and regular Firestone 255 bags for the rear to replace the ST springs. Now to the problem, I dialed the rear in that "low" is when the axle solidly rests on the bump stops. Means, my bag brackets are only about 2" long each with fully deflated bags. Now, if I lift the car off ground the shocks are too long and would not lift the axle off ground without pulling the bags apart (I miss about 2 " on top of the fully expanded position). What do you guys use to keep the bags alive when you lift the car off ground ? Straps, or is something wrong with my setup ?

BTW, had to remove that stupid fenderwell trim so that the rear slips over the 20x10 rims. Looks a lot cleaner now, altough some sheet metal work and paint was in order. Having the rear lips flared out a bit and smoothed looks incredibly cool.

With 4way control, car rides great. First tiem in my life that I can use Public car parks !

heinz, turboed, bagged, and cruizin' low

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dude you have my respect.... not many Impalas can run down Porsches and Ferrari's at those mind bending speeds, I bet theyre shocked at seeing a 2 ton American land barge come screaming up at them at 190mph!!!

------------------
Shane Cobb
1996 DGGM SLP true ram air hood and airbox,S-10 torque converter,Grotyohann headers and cat delete pipes, 3.73 gearset,LT4 ESC Module,Hypertech,Flowmaster catback,TB Bypass,Moog Idler arm and centerlink,Buick Brace,Chromed stock rims,Cadillac Fleetwood carpet,GM Ventvisors,275-40 eagle GSC's.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my bags are held only @ the bottom to the plate welded on the axle by the two lil bolts that screw into the bag itself.the top of it is about a 1 inch tall cup that just rests in the spring pocket up there. when i jack the car i just do it by the axle or the control arms of the 4 link-in front of the rear wheels.

------------------

Vinni
95 ImpaSSta
Severed Ties, TX
"Anything less, Is everything else"

http://www.geocities.com/bgdstmpassta/index.html

HTTP://WWW.STREETSCENEMAG.COM/VIEWOWNERPROFILE.ASP?PROFILEID=398

Airbags, Rancho Air adj. shocks, 17" "wannabe" mercury 5's by Eagle Alloys, Custom paint by Maxed Out Paint Wurx, eclectic compilation of stereo equip, Pepboys Sewerpipe intake, relocated MAF, Flo-master catback exhuast, "Krome Klamps" radator hose covers and chrome sleeves, two tone grey tweed interior

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Vinni,

would it be possible to get more Pic's of your car's paint scheme ? I like it a lot and was thinking of doing something similar to my rig. I will not go with frog green (hehe), but DCM and the tribal flames a nuance darker or maybe together with a slight silver flake/smoke would definitely be cool.

If you do not mind of course !

heinz

------------------
http://www.voicenet.com/~vinman/heinzss.htm

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
heinz------i like that hood. where did ya get it? is it a complete replacement or custom work? what is that on the top of yur motor just behind the throttle body? something with the nitrous?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the hood is stock with crafted in Z24 Lumina louver inserts. It helps to get rif excessive heat from the bay especially from the turbo.

The thing behind the throttle body is a Carroll Superfueler, an programmable fuel curve generator with 3x 50lb/hr injectors, for additional fuel at high boost. It kicks in at a certain boost along with a second fuel pump.

it will go away once the new Hestec DFI has been completely dialed (16 injector system).

Sorry, no pics of the wheelwell yet but will add them once I have some.

heinz

------------------
http://www.voicenet.com/~vinman/heinzss.htm

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let me know if you need some help on the bags. Heinz, what is your current turbo set-up? I have been thinking about putting a big turbo in the silver/blk SS and i know you have drastically modified the Turbo Technology system.

------------------

Street Trends
[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
street trenz,
will i lose alot of handling over my current set up if i go to air bags?
i have a complete road race setup but i really like airbags

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I already have all my bag stuff, but i was wondering what kind of shocks i should go with for better handling. I dont want it to be so loose like most bag setups are. Anyone have any info? Also, they have to be for lowered cars so they dont bottom out when i drop it. Thanks

------------------
SLMDCSS
95 Caprice Classic LT1

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My bagged 95 Impala SS handles extremely well for how low it is but I would not want to put it on a road course. Airbags are more for cruising and showing. I have run high 13s with the bags and bodydrop and hit 140mph down the 5 freeway but it all depends on what you want out of your car.

SLMDCSS - Call me at 760-729-5484 for the air bag install questions. I finally found some pics you can look at before you start.
Jason - World's Lowest SS

------------------

Street Trends
[email protected]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.