Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently had a Code Alarm alarm/auto start installed. Most of the time the remote range is great... and can extend it pretty good if I hold the remote under my chin. But every once in a while, I can't get it to work even while right up on the car. Does anyone else have these issues? If so, what alarm do you have? Or if you never have this issue, what alarm/auto start do you have??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have'nt hade this problem, the only time mine don't work(within range) is around high voltage, like the transformers at my work, they also don't work great around very tall buildings(so i've heard)
What system are you using?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,542 Posts
I don't have the issues you described. I have a Viper 4103XV remote start system installed in my '98 Tahoe.

I can easily start the truck from the front door of my office BLDG to where it is in the parking lot, which I'd estimate to be 50 yards away.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, normally the range is nice. Every once in a while it will give me a prob. For instance, about 40% of the time in a certain grocery store parking lot, I have trouble. Works in my backyard about 99% of the time... the other 1% gets frustrating.

My installer says that this is common interference. Said he had a whole day where remotes weren't working at his shop and had to pull his cars out to the next block for programming. He also says that if buttons get pushed too many times, the system will temporarily lock me out... so possible if I had to hit the button a coupe times from a distance, by the time I'm right up on the car the reason it isn't working is because I'm locked out.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,383 Posts
Yeah, normally the range is nice. Every once in a while it will give me a prob. For instance, about 40% of the time in a certain grocery store parking lot, I have trouble. Works in my backyard about 99% of the time... the other 1% gets frustrating.

My installer says that this is common interference. Said he had a whole day where remotes weren't working at his shop and had to pull his cars out to the next block for programming. He also says that if buttons get pushed too many times, the system will temporarily lock me out... so possible if I had to hit the button a coupe times from a distance, by the time I'm right up on the car the reason it isn't working is because I'm locked out.
I get range issues every now and then with my Viper unit that I have, but it is a known issue with it.

Maybe in the certain parking lot it is all the soccer moms with Onstar in there Tahoes throwing off your alarm cwm2

You have to think though to that the more populated of a city you live in, the interference is going to rise as look at all the people with cell phones, Onstar systems, other remote start systems, etc. It shouldn't interfere but all the other things around the area put noise with in the band that the alarm works in and can cause this.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top