Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 95 cadillac fleetwood brougham and my car has the factory alarm and it isn't working do you know what should i check so it can work because i will feel more comfortable if it works. previously my interior light stayed on and wouldnn't go off so i pulled the fuse but i don't know if that is related .

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sounds like you got a couple distinct issues maybe going on there. One might just be a bad door/trunk switch. And I'm not sure what you refer to with a factory alarm either.

List more detailed symptoms for a better chance at help.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a factory alarm which is kinda goofy (convoluted). I still haven't totally figured it out.

Basically if you lock your doors by pressing the auto lock button before exiting (causing all doors to lock) the alarm will be armed.
Let's say the windows were down and you lift the handle to get in, and then realize the doors are locked. No problem, right? Nope, if you press the "unlock" button then the alarm will start honking the horn. I think parking lights flash, also? May be wrong on that, but the horn definitely goes off. It is embarassing when in a parking lot or something.

You need your door lock key to be placed ina cylinder and turned to disarm, IIRC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts