Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hasnt worked on 2 diff laptops. just trying to see data. using datamaster, freescan, an 2 other programs but none work. using the 10k resistor. got driver installed, com 3 or 4 shows up then when i plug it in the obd1 port it says cable not found baud 8xxx cant remember what the numbers are, need a lil help

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
hasnt worked on 2 diff laptops. just trying to see data. using datamaster, freescan, an 2 other programs but none work. using the 10k resistor. got driver installed, com 3 or 4 shows up then when i plug it in the obd1 port it says cable not found baud 8xxx cant remember what the numbers are, need a lil help
It uses the physical serial port hardcoded to one of the interrupt requests. COM 1 if there's only 1 serial port or COM 1 or 2 if there are 2 serial ports. COM 3 and anything above use logical ports. They won't work. Set it up for COM 1. The baud rate, parity and stopbits must match as well.

Well that's all confusing now isn't it?

Easiest thing might be to just get the USB adapter cable and not have to deal w/ the above issues.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have the usb aldl. im about 5 minutes away from selling it or sending it back. i got something using turnerpro i think but it was saying i was going like 25-167 mph when the car wasnt even on so....... but that is the only one that has actually did something when i turn the key. using a vista laptop or a win ME laptop

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
trying both now. if it doesnt work its for sale lol

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
both were the same thing. it said test passed com 4 is the one i set the programs to. i did and its now numbers going across but the other stuff is still wrong. it still says voltage is 0.00 when the key is in run and the car is on. every-time i go to dash it still has everything pegged at 0

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea vista sucks an so does the other thing. it says DM-EE-setup.exe so im assuming its the b body setup. i wana use a xp laptop but cant find anybody with one. an cant dual boot the vista laptop cuz my gf would kick my head in so im stuck for now. i dont even want the damned thing anymore. im going to try again then its def going back or getting sold 60shipped lol

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
that was done b4 i had the cables there a thing to change tho COM port on datamaster

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok changed the com port to 4 and went to monitor and now it works thank you guys you rock datamaster FTW!. i got a code 29 when i revved a good one and my 02s seem off like around 100mv off L/R 649/760 or something like that. im 100% sure the guy b4 me drove the car with the CEL on. and there is a broke manifold bolt in the back on the right. im thinking that bolt causing a exhaust leak which took out the 02. i can hear the tick when revving sometimes. i didnt let it run long but thats about what it said from what i remember. does that sound right to you sages??

·
Registered
19 Posts
and there is a broke manifold bolt in the back on the right. im thinking that bolt causing a exhaust leak which took out the 02. i can hear the tick when revving sometimes.
A typical LT1 failure. Be careful when you try to remove the manifold, these bolts break easily.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts