Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,I lowered my car with Eibach springs and changed the tires to 275/40's.Since then I've had 2 alignments.Both places aligned it to stock specs.I told both guys the car was lowered and they both said it dosen't matter,when it's aligned it's aligned.

Since the mods I'm killing the outsides and insides of the front tires.The car goes nice and straight and is stable at any speed. In corners(at speed)it definately dosen't feel right.When I'm driving slow,say in a parking lot,and I turn even moderately sharp the car kinda' pushes and chatters(?) through the turn.This is especially noticable on slightly sandy pavement.When I turn into my garage off the road(almost 180* turn)there are dark tire marks on the driveway especially near the edges of the tire.The tread blocks on the outsides and insides of the tires are worn more on the front side of the block than the rear.In other words if you run your hand counterclockwise around the front drivers tire,clockwise on the passenger side, it feels jagged.

Now that I've probably overexplained my situation,has anyone else had this problem?I understand that between the springs and tires the geometry of the suspension has changed.My question is can this be compensated for with different alignment specs?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I usually run 34#.The tires are Bridgestone RE730's.The only info on the tire is max pressure 44#'s.What should the pressure be?

Like I said before it feels weird in corners.The car handles much better than stock under 'normal' conditions.When I push it a little bit,on one hand,it sticks much better and has much less body roll(Hotchkis bars also)but it almost felt more 'planted' when it was stock.I get more of a white knuckle ride now than before.Also the ball joints,idler,etc....are all new or in very good shape(yes it was aligned after the front end work)

Could it be something else? Thanks.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just did a search on RE730's and see most everyone runs at least 37 to 40 psi.I feel like a jackass,I'm so used to putting 34-35# in my vehicles tires throughout the years.I bet it's a common mistake.I'll give it a shot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts