Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems I'm unable to get an alignment that will keep my tires in good condition (high low). If you look at my cardomain page you can see I had some damage mainly on the passenger side which happens to be the side with the worse tire wear.

I have new bushings, centerlink, idler arm, control arm bolts & nuts, Ball joints, tie rods, Monroe SS Shocks, sway bar end links, and rear lower control arms. (every shop I've been to told me I had no bent upper or lower arms and everything was tight).

What is the difference between aligning the car to the frame and going by the numbers on the machine most shops have?

Should I look for a shop that alighns to the frame since I've had some frontend damage?

Thanks,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, a four wheel alignment rack will look at all four wheels in relationship to each other. Even if you had front end damage at one time, they should still be able to get the front end to track right with respect to the rear axle - unless of course the frame is out of spec or you have bent parts. As long as all four wheels are aligned properly, I don't think you would have an issue.

That's just common sense talkin' though

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Even if you had front end damage at one time, they should still be able to get the front end to track right with respect to the rear axle - unless of course the frame is out of spec or you have bent parts. As long as all four wheels are aligned properly, I don't think you would have an issue.
This is what I thought
but it's like I have negative camber on all tires especially the front drivers tire. Every shop I've been to said I didn't have any bent parts
. I'm going to take it to another shop that knows a bit more than the others I've been to. I have to nip this in the bud before putting on my new tires

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found a suspension shop a buddy of mine refered me to and he found the balljoints (PepBoys) were bad. I bought and installed these before I read that Moog has more strength so I'm going to get Moogs a.s.a.p.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you want painless alignment go with a laser pecision one... thats what the shop used for mine, since then even wear on the tires :D . ( still wear a little more on the inside but its normal it sweeps the floor)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.