Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK i was having a good day.. Took Dz's Badass through inspection today. She went through with ez. The inspectors at the inspection station even spoke on my low mileage 59,000 WOW!!!.. Ok so i get home and i had some goodies waiting on me.. Thanks to my sponsor Kicker car audio my front door speakers showed up.. The other package was my Grille emblem ... Straight to the point the damn grille aint lining up... Im totally lost ive changed the grille in my last 9c1 with know problem dont know why this one is acting up.. and yes its one of those after market ones,,, but most of the forum fam said it went right on... http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w199/dstreets/GRILLE/

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
hmmm, i didint kno kicker still sponsored people i kno they sure as hell dont have a team anymore

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What does the pictures u have show? What exactly is not lining up?
...lol.. i was hoping some one could tell me.. if something is not suppose to be there or.. i dont know... but after trying to put it on again,... when i try to put it on and screw it... if u close the hood u can see right down in between the top of the grille(its spaced out) ... so i looked at the sides where the plastic molding started, it seems as if they made the measurements a little shy. , ive already cut some of it down.. now i need to cut some of the grill down in between the plastic molding and grille.. i dont know bro.. im about to throw this **** in the trash..

·
Registered
27 Posts
...lol.. i was hoping some one could tell me.. if something is not suppose to be there or.. i dont know... but after trying to put it on again,... when i try to put it on and screw it... if u close the hood u can see right down in between the top of the grille(its spaced out) ... so i looked at the sides where the plastic molding started, it seems as if they made the measurements a little shy. , ive already cut some of it down.. now i need to cut some of the grill down in between the plastic molding and grille.. i dont know bro.. im about to throw this **** in the trash..

I removed my aftermarket grille off of my old impala once. The screws on the top i installed first. After tightening them down all the way, i still had small gaps on both sides. Its hard to get it perfect.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I removed my aftermarket grille off of my old impala once. The screws on the top i installed first. After tightening them down all the way, i still had small gaps on both sides. Its hard to get it perfect.
...wow.. damn fam.. i cant roll like that.. i got to figure this out...thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It will get close u just gotta munipulate it a lil.....i eventually got it good just took a lil patience...good luck. i m sure u'll get it!!!
got it.. i had to cut some of the corners where the plastic molding was.. They companies measurements were off...

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Pics! :D

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
here u go my brother.. as you can see in the pics posted i have it lined up with know space above the grille.. it did take little playing around with.. Im going to change those end screws pictured in the pics from under hood and grille...

·
Registered
785 Posts
are you keeping the grill black? i like them not matching the body color.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
are you keeping the grill black? i like them not matching the body color.
wants i get everything attached.. im going to repaint her back all white... grille and all... i just have a couple of more things to knock off the list.. again i got a new lil one on the way so i cant get nuts like i really want to..

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
So, you're putting a high dollar stereo system in the car, but settling for a POS grille?

How does that work?cwm3

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So, you're putting a high dollar stereo system in the car, but settling for a POS grille?

How does that work?cwm3
... its called keeping it hood... keeping it 1hundred.. what u know about it??? like i stated before i do me..

·
Registered
1,557 Posts

How does that work?cwm3
you would rather spend $150 or so for an oem to hack up rather than saving $100 to get an aftermarket to fool around with?

you never know along the line he make want to do a billet. i sure wouldnt by an oem grille thats just me. since when did a stereo have anything to do with aftermarket body parts anyway. just sayin'

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
you would rather spend $150 or so for an oem to hack up rather than saving $100 to get an aftermarket to fool around with?

you never know along the line he make want to do a billet. i sure wouldnt by an oem grille thats just me. since when did a stereo have anything to do with aftermarket body parts anyway. just sayin'
So then you would be putting a nice billet piece on a grille that still doesn't fit the car right? Ok...

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
So then you would be putting a nice billet piece on a grille that still doesn't fit the car right? Ok...
better than spending over 100 for a grille then to mess up on it. then what? 150 or so down the drain. just sayin' to each his own. i had an aftermarket grill myself. are all grilles cut or shaped perfectly? NO

btw a cheap ebay grille is only 26 to 30+ cash.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts