Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 Impala SS. I want to install an Alpine CDA-9815 head unit. Do I need an adapter and if so where can I get it online?

I am also planning to install Cascade sound deadening products on the doors (VB2hd) and the floor (VB3.5). Can you tell me how much I need to buy for this car?

Does anyone have any experience with Cascade VB1 or VB1x for use on the door skins?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Carlton

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
for the head unit you will need a wireing harness and a double to single din adapter

as for the doors I dont know are you getting alot of road noise, vibrations or moister

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, you need a dash kit and a wiring harness (so you don't have to cut the factory radio plug off...just match the wire colors from the harness on the radio to the adaptor and plug/play) and will also need an antenna adaptor.

GM uses a small male connector on their antennas instead of the larger one that is the norm (think one is 1/8" other is 1/4"...not positive tho)

altogether, those three pieces shouldn't run you more than about $30-35 locally (antenna adaptor $7, wiring harness $11 (or so), and $20ish for the dash kit)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts