Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my old Sony tape deck and installed a Jensen vm9312 with flip out touch screen and am getting a real low constant whine mostly audible at idle or with radio on but not playing. With the volume up a bit i cant tell theres any "white noise". I never had this problem before and all equipment in the trunk is the same. Power wires run down one side of car, rcas down the other side. Crossover in trunk with separate amps for subs and interior speakers. I changed nothing except the head unit. I have not hooked up the parking brake wire on the head unit that allows video play. Everything else is wired, solid connections.

Any feedback on the Jensen brand when it comes to whine?

·
Registered
7,984 Posts
I removed my old Sony tape deck and installed a Jensen vm9312 with flip out touch screen and am getting a real low constant whine mostly audible at idle or with radio on but not playing. With the volume up a bit i cant tell theres any "white noise". I never had this problem before and all equipment in the trunk is the same. Power wires run down one side of car, rcas down the other side. Crossover in trunk with separate amps for subs and interior speakers. I changed nothing except the head unit. I have not hooked up the parking brake wire on the head unit that allows video play. Everything else is wired, solid connections.

Any feedback on the Jensen brand when it comes to whine?
Can't speak for the Jensen but I have seen similar issues with aftermarket units. Try and run a Stranded Wire from the Radio Chasis to a Metal point (ground) on the car and see if that helps.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All grounds and connections were good. I ran a wire from the radio to ground and no more interference noise.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahhhhhhh the noise is still there and noticeable at low volume using cd's. its slightly less with the radio stations.

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
Back in the day my dodge truck with a Sony unit did the same thing, I checked stuff to no end. Figured it out after a tune up a year later, plugs and wires.
Yup, it only takes one bad plug wire to cause alot of noise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts