Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Impala owners,
Hey guys. Have had a powermaster 260 alternator on for over 1 1/2 years. Had a battery scan and the alternator took a dump. This is the second Powermaster Alt. I've had on the Vehicle in 3 years. I have a playstation 2, 1100 watts of Amps, and a T.V., so I guess the 240 was perfect as far as enough power rating was concerned. My question is, is there another alt. that may hold up longer or is better built. I have nothing against powermaster only that I've had to replace 2 alts. in 3 years. These things aren't cheap. I know I can rebuild, and if it is possible this time around then I will rebuild but I just wanted some of your opinions. Thanks

P.S. The first Alt. was replaced free of charge after failing only 2 months after the install. It was a chrome finish (maybe heat?). This one is powdercoated and it doesn't get nearly as hot. This is just a thought, I don't know.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm taking the alt. to a local repair guy near me to see what went wrong this time. The first alt. experienced bearing problems, but not sure about this one yet. I'll get back to ya' on this. Thanks for your interest.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts