Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I was one of the members that purchased a set of Aluminum bezels from Greg in addition to most, if not all, of the aluminum products he had made (i.e. AC vents, rear door vent, full set of bezels, dash knobs, etc) over 5 years ago.

I installed most of the items except for the door bezels because that set had an anodize black finish. My original plan and intent was to either color match DGGM or chrome.

I decided to engrave and chrome instead. So... to that end. I put my black anodized bezels up for sale once I was able to ascertain that I could get another set of aluminum bezels made albeit in raw finish which worked for me as my plan and intent had changed.

It should be noted that I was lucky enough and able to make this happen from start cutting chips to finished product in about month to 6 week timeframe. Those of you familiar with the processes will appreciate that part of the effort as much as the finished product. Keep in mind that I live Florida, work in the north Seattle area, and got most of the effort done in SoCal.

Enjoy...

Decided to sell anodized set once I ascertained I could get replacement bezels and which direction I was headed.

Machined parts arrive

Polished work complete and personally handed off to engraver

Parts returned back from engraver then routed to chrome shop the night before I fly back to Seattle.

Parts ready this Monday (10-12-15). Picked up Wed morning.

I'm taking the bezels back with me when I fly back to work at my "home" division. I'll contemplate one potential final step between now and then. Otherwise. I'll send them to Florida to get them installed on my SS.

·
Premium Member
15,727 Posts
DAMN! That is really, really, REALLY awesome.

·
Super Moderator
2,874 Posts
I would love to see that CAD file!

Awesome work sir!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yes AWESOME a perfect word for those parts. I would love to see your impala will you be at Turkey rod run?

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would love to see that CAD file!

Awesome work sir!
Thank you. The machine work & quality is. The best there is. I work in the aerospace business. This is top. Quality work.

The engraving has no Cad. It's all done freehand. That's the beauty & uniqueness of the work.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes AWESOME a perfect word for those parts. I would love to see your impala will you be at Turkey rod run?
I would if I could. Small chance I'll be home for Thanksgiving. I should be home for Christmas though.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does you engraver do any work on guns? I have a couple Id love to get engraved! Beautiful work by the way!
Hi Shooter 75,

Yes he does. Engraves on basically whatever you want. He does great work.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes it does. Thanks. Half the battle is the long lead time quoted and needed to get these things done. Most engravers that I've spoke to have varying stages of work that vary from a few weeks to up to a year worth of effort for some of the long projects.

I'm working on the next batch of items. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Next set of items 75% complete...

Quick update.

The door bezels are at my house in Florida waiting for me to come home for the holidays. By chance, I found and quickly picked up a full set of MBA billet engine bay dress kit in satin finish.

With a little help and patience from forum members and my INC brother Tonyno, I was able to relay funds and parts.

All of the billet parts that I needed were stripped, polished, then sent to the engraver. They were picked up today and will be delivered to the chrome shop. I'm a little behind schedule but I think I might still be able to pull it off and be able to fly the chrome parts with me when I get back to Wa from spending Thanksgiving with the folks.

Note: I only had parts engraved that I needed. I will be selling the unused billet items when this is all done. I'll also have all of the parts that I engraved available in chrome and will put most of them up for sale.

I'll post that information, short background, and pictures for improved clarification when I get back to Florida later this year.

Here we have the finished product from the engraver. Chrome shop is next.

adding a reference point..

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Quick update.

The door bezels are at my house in Florida waiting for me to come home for the holidays. By chance, I found and quickly picked up a full set of MBA billet engine bay dress kit in satin finish.

With a little help and patience from forum members and my INC brother Tonyno, I was able to relay funds and parts.

All of the billet parts that I needed were stripped, polished, then sent to the engraver. They were picked up today and will be delivered to the chrome shop. I'm a little behind schedule but I think I might still be able to pull it off and be able to fly the chrome parts with me when I get back to Wa from spending Thanksgiving with the folks.

Note: I only had parts engraved that I needed. I will be selling the unused billet items. When this is all done, I'll also have all of the parts that I engraved available in chrome and will be up for sale.

I'll post that information, short background, and pictures for improved clarification when I get back to Florida later this year.

Here we have the finished product from the engraver. Chrome shop is next.

👀 I will be interested is some billet pieces myself!

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
b-body game has been changed again good stuff bro,,,,,

·
Premium Member
15,727 Posts
Those are awesome. Really, really awesome.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Wow is all that can be said. Amazing work

1 - 20 of 42 Posts