Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1996 Caprice 9c1, 2018 Ram Laramie CC 4x4 EcoDiesel , '03 Ram 3500 Laramie Sport QC 4x4 Cummins
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used Zoop seal to protect and seal Aluminum? I'm buying Moose LT1 9C1's Impala wheels and I need to protect and seal the Aluminum before I hit the roads here in AK. Has anyone used anything else that doesn't require you to spend every weekend cleaning,polishing and sealing?

·
Premium Member
20,401 Posts
Has anyone used Zoop seal to protect and seal Aluminum......
Yes.

In my personal experience, Zoop Seal works as advertised......and protects for about 2 years before you'll need a re-application.

KW

·
Registered
569 Posts
It would be a bad idear to re apply it everytime you rotate the wheels. Or whenever your bored.

Im guessing you have a powerball. if not. get one or two. I polished a set of chrome 20X9 with a mini powerball in about and hour and a half.
the only factor that slowed me down was the drill's batteries would drain.

·
Premium Member
1996 Caprice 9c1, 2018 Ram Laramie CC 4x4 EcoDiesel , '03 Ram 3500 Laramie Sport QC 4x4 Cummins
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It would be a bad idear to re apply it everytime you rotate the wheels. Or whenever your bored.

Im guessing you have a powerball. if not. get one or two. I polished a set of chrome 20X9 with a mini powerball in about and hour and a half.
the only factor that slowed me down was the drill's batteries would drain.

I do have a powerball,works great. I need something besides a powerball,polish and sweat to protect my wheels from AK weather. The Glacier silt mixed with rain is real hard on Aluminum. I saw Zoop used on one of the Speed channel shows and they gave it high marks,but they also get paid to peddle products on their shows. I wanted to find out if it works as advertised and if perhaps there was something else out there that seals besides wax and polish.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
OEM Impala SS wheels are clear coated. ZoopSeal would only be beneficial if the wheels have been stripped and polished.

The ZoopSeal does help prolong amount the time required between polishing, though.

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wasn't aware they were clear coated, they will be easier to keep clean. I'm buying a set from another forum member and should arrive within a month or so. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
528 Posts
they are clear coated. when they start to show there age they show thin almost hair line cracks in clear coat. i redid my cousins wheels with the eastwood powder coating system. they came out really nice hardest part is always the stripping part

·
Premium Member
20,401 Posts
......ZoopSeal would only be beneficial if the wheels have been stripped and polished........
Wrong.

If you want to protect the CLEARCOAT from brake dust, road grime, etc, the Zoop Seal will do that!

KW

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.