Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i might be new to this forum, but not new at modding cars and buying parts from people.......

so i sent some money for parts on 9-23 to a well known member on here, he sends a message saying he received payment and will get parts boxed up and shipped by 9-25

then get a pm saying that he got busy and had no chance to ship and they would be out by 9-28, thats fine i had no problem with that

well after a few days and no word i ask if parts have been shipped, seller replies "sorry theyve been shipped today through usps ... so im still fine with all of this and ask seller if i could have a tracking number , then get a reply "i didnt get one"

hmmmm ok thats fine ill wait , hes a known member so i should be fine.........

well i wait, and wait , and wait finally after mutiple messeges i sent that have not been answeredi fianlly get a mesage that says "sorry i seen you sent pms but i have not checked because i had the flu and have been busy.... the parts were returned undeliverable sorry " so ok im fine with that ,he asked for my address again and i send it to him .. again

well the message above was sent to me 10-9

and ive sent about 4 messages since with no reply
so i guess im asking advice from you guys on what to do

am i overreacting or am i getting hosed, ive tried to be as nice as i can but this is too much

money sent 9-23 today is 10-15 its almost a month later , no parts , and no clue whats going on

help....... please

·
Premium Member
20,400 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hahah nice pic

but i can see that long if the parts are special order or being built, these are used and supposed to have been shipped already then shipped again , i was told they should be here in 3 days after the first time they were supposed to be shipped

its the lack of communication that makes me nervous over everything

im still giving the benfit of doubt , thats why i havent mentioned names

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
plus i can see that the member logs on everyday so i know that my messages should have been noticed

·
Registered
346 Posts
post the name, i dont wanna wait three weeks for parts in the future....i dont see a reason why it would take three weeks to send something when you can even have ups come to your house/job

·
Ultimate Impala Guru!
5,481 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,400 Posts

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
You are not ripped off yet, I have waited longer, not that I liked it or it was right. The lack of communication is what sucks. Keep trying, if you hear nothing in a couple more weeks then post up the persons name and the details of the situation. I would put the post in the "Feedback" section.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Sounds like it to me too!cwm6
Just because they are a long time good standing member here doesn't mean they won't do shady things when times get tough.;)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Don't listen to BYB about dropping names, yet. smh.

What I hate about selling and buying stuff is that people don't have a very good "business mentality" most of the time. Emails and communication in general are a must when doing any kind of transaction.

This guy, who ever it is, might have a good reason for not getting the parts sent out and you should be made aware of the reason, no doubt, but he's probably thinking, "i've got his money, my big rush is over with, I can slow down my pace a bit, he'll get his parts when he gets them, no big rush, i'm not going to rip him off anyway, i've been busy."

Hope your not getting ripped though, stay positive...

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i agree thats why i havent brought up names

just a bit frustrating with no communication , and 250 dollars is sitting in somone elses account

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.