Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are you guys mounting your amps? I am planing to add two or three amps to a RMS.
I am not sure where I should mount them; I want them to be out of the way and mostly unseen. Was thinking up behind the spare but there isn't a whole lot of room up there.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Here is mine on the Impala. An Impala SS wheel with a stock size tire I use for a spare does fit when I do carry one.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is mine on the Impala. An Impala SS wheel with a stock size tire I use for a spare does fit when I do carry one.
That is what I was thinking of going with, looks good. Did you just screw it into the back of the seat? Do you have a picture with the spare in place?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I don't have a pic with the stock size tire. I have ET streets on the spare wheels now. If you want I can take a pic with my ET street on stock Impala wheel in the same spot for you.

They are just screwed into the metal "bracing" not actually the seats but you probably meant the bracing anyways.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If its not too much trouble I would like to see what that looks like. I am trying to do as little drilling into anywhere on the car as I can.
I might make some kinda rack out of wood and have the spare tire hold it in place.

·
Registered
93 Posts
If u want clean and simple I would take a piece of mdf the size of that rear seat area and cover it in some carpet to match the trunk. Attach that to the rear seat bracing then mount your amps to it. I used to have it like that but I don't have any pics

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
Since I currently have on the OEM 9C1 wheels, and have a spare in the trunk, I installed mine to the bottom of the package tray.

I also used socket head fasteners, and Ny-Lock nuts to prevent theft.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Since I currently have on the OEM 9C1 wheels, and have a spare in the trunk, I installed mine to the bottom of the package tray.

I also used socket head fasteners, and Ny-Lock nuts to prevent theft.
Wouldn't that get in the way of the speakers?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Here you go. The stock 255/50 never hit the amps.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
I used the SRQ Customs box for our cars and then just built the beauty panels using cardboard for templates and a WHOLE lot of sanding.. using a circular saw and jigsaw. . Definitely recommend investing in a router for something like this

Attachments

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Sheet of Lexan painted black and installed over rear seat braces. I don't carry a spare.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I had mine originally like BlowNdoh on my old set up. Just screwed on to the braces. Now on my new set up me and Almost Illegal built custom side panels to hold my amps.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts