Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two amps... a 1920w 2 channel that pushes my 6x9s... and a 600w mono amp pushing my 12" solobarics. For the first time today, I considered that it might be kinda silly to have the more powerful amp pushing the 6x9s. The only reason I have it like this is because I had the more powerful amp before I got my subs. Of course the 600w amp is wired as mono for my subs... but I can also run it in stereo mode, correct?

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If its a mono amp it 1 channel therefore it cannot be run at stereo.

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
model numbers?

1920watt 2 channels sounds like a power acoustik.... maybe ... low 300watts at best per channel RMS at 4 ohm.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I have a 1920w 2-channel Power Acoustik... the other is a 600w MA Audio 2-channel. I know the MA amp is 2 ohm stable... not sure about the PA amp.

And another question. In the instructions that came with the subs, it showed how to wire them for 1 ohm or 8 ohms. The amp is 2 ohm stable, so I can't wire the subs for 1 ohm. How can I wire them to play at lower than 8 ohms?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dual 4ohm subs can be wired for a final load of 1ohm or 4ohms. In series/parallel, you will end up with 4ohms. In parallel/parallel, you will end up with 1ohm. 4ohm is going to be your best bet. It will save your amp from melting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts