Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do your subs and speakers use the same amp or do you need different amps?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You really should use two for maximum benefit. I have one 300W for my sub and a 4way amp for my speakers. That is, unless you get a very expensive amp. You also wouldn't want to over work one amp.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 1000 watt amp should that be fine for the speakers and one 10 in sub

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tony, that amp will probably be too strong for the smaller high frequency speakers, and would even need a pretty healthy sub to handle the power. I'd recommend a 5 channel amp with appx 30-50 watts times four and between 100-300 watts times one for the sub. Most manufacturers of car audio gear have one in the line-up we do Alpine, Rockford, Clarion, MTX and Eclipse and they all offer something anywhere from 300-800 dollars. If you are wanting to use that amp, I'd say to get a four channel amp with somewhere around 75-100 watts times four to match your 1000w amp in volume. You'd need really high quality component speakers to handle that much power though.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a kenwood 1000 watt amp but thats the peak power its 2 channel so could i hook that to the rear speakers and sub and leave the front speakers alone. My rear speakers can handle 220 watts of power.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
u will need to run the sub on low pass and the rear speakers on high pass. if u run them on the same 2 channel amp the sub will play notes too high or the rear speakers will play notes too low. u can get away with a 4 channel amp if u run the rear speakers on the front out puts on high pass, and the sub(s) on the rear outputs on low pass.
good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts