Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to throw the question out there seeing as I have one of Scott Williams' trunk finishing kits on order, I wanted to find out what type of mounting possibilities I have for a 5 channel amp? I was looking at the Soundstream or Kicker 5 channel but say that they are pretty hefty on the dimensions. I was thinking about mounting on the underside of the rear deck or in one of the cubby holes. Just wanted to get a feel for what people have done out there.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i've never tried a 5-channel, but i've had a pair of soundstreams for about 15 yrs. probably in 12 or 15 diff. cars between the 2. i'd never buy another brand amp. unless of course i had a ton of cash.
the only kicker amp i've had was noisy. an old IS series i think it was. it was strong though.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm....now are your Soundstream Amps the Rubicon series? I had my eye on a 355 Rubicon but at 4 ohms it only does 25Wx4 and 75Wx1. Dont know if I will be happy with that power output but at least it has a snr or like 100db. I know that Soundstream amps were really stable even when you bridged them down to 1 ohm. I just dont know if the Infinity CS Kappas I have can be wired to at least drop them to 2 ohms.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a soundstream 5 channel and love it. it runs 4 pyramid 4inch titanium tweeters and two jl 12's nicely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts