Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As stated i have a factory head unit with a changer. i want to install amps to run my subs. not having a ton of knowledge of this stuff i need to know if it is easy to do. i have subs and amps in my camaro but they installed easily because the cd player had leads for an RCA cable. Any ideas on how to do this?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
They do sell RCA convertors, but from my experience they wont give out the best possible sound. If you are not after competition sound that should work for you. If you decide to buy one I recommend you buy the one thet has built in gains. They are eazy to install, all you have to do is tap into the rear speakers....Another con is that sometimes those convertors introduce engine noise and sometimes is hard to get rid of it.

Goodluck!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Or you could get an amp that has high and low level inputs. I still have a few bazooka 2150 amps that have 120 watts RMS per channel (90 to your door). With an amp like that, you could run speaker level inputs to it, or rca's if you upgrade later. If you run speaker level inputs from the front, I reccomend using a shielded cable.
There are many amps on the market like this. If you are wanting this to hook up subs, make sure it has a low pass filter (again, like the 2150) so that you are not sending highs to the sub. Also, you really should hook up the sub to the front speakers. This will let you keep your imaging up front so that you dont have to turn up the rears to get the low's.

Peter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts