Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would there be any PCM issues with converting the speedo to a Auto Meter or similar gauge? I was thinking about gutting the stock digital gauges and custom making a piece to hold several analog gauges?
Would it be very difficult or just require some fabrication of the wiring?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've asked a question like this before. quickly, here is your answer. From what I've been told, a 94 or 95 will run just fine without the cluster installed. Installation of the gauges would be just like any other car except for the Speedo, and I never got an answer on that one. Being as I am running a T56 I "think" I should be able to rig something up. Let me know how or if you make out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Far as I know...you just need to make sure the speedo you get is compatible with the GM VSS...which I believe is 4000 pulses per mile, but I'm not sure...it's in the archives though.

Chris McCabe (the northeast parts guy that rocks) has an 89 9C1 with a 95 drivetrain...so he has the full LT1 wiring harness and PCM and all...and he has an aftermarket analog speedometer working with it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by davkenrem1:
why not use the camaro cluster?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Everybody does the Camaro cluster. Some of us just want to be different and use/build a set of gauges that looks/functions better than the GM clusters.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have had this on my list of to do projects for some time. I an old cluster housing (the white part) gutted and waiting for me to get some time. I am going to make a front face out of aluminum or ABS and I will just leave the little surround on there to make the cluster meet up with the gauge bezel.

You guys wirk out the electronics and I will be all set.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess your SOL on the mileage for the new speedo? You can't sell a car with an odemeter thats not accurate, can you?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.