Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
It's a little tricky! This was addressed sometime back, but I guess that post was lost in the crash, a few months ago. I did mine about a year ago, and I forget the exact details, but the interior panel of the gate has to be removed, then as I remember, the whole housing comes off the gate. It's way too much work for a bulb replacement, so put both in while it's apart!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Remove the small screw that hold the lamp/lens in place. Then you can with a lot of jiggling and cussing slide it out the bottom. Then with child size fingers r&r the bulb and put it all back together.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
I just did mine and it was done without removing the interior panel.

There was the fear of breaking it as you say but it didn't happen. I was more worried about the bulb type but that was an easy match as well.

I did the rewinding of the cargo cover the same day, thats hell.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey I'm glad you asked this question, because I've been wondering how to do this. I tried to wrestle those lenses out once before but I was afraid I was going to break them. I've had a blown out bulb there for several months. Damn the torpedoes, I'll give it another try and hopefully won't shatter the lenses.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Didn't break mine, its tight but they will come out. I put led's in them so they should never burn out ever again.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
It may be intuitively obvious for those with closed minds but its not stupid. Ask away maybe we can help clear the fog.

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Basically take the screw out and pry on it to the point that you think it's gonna break and you say "oh **** I'm gonna break it" then they slide right out. Piss poor design, throw some LEDs in there so you won't have to do it again.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.