Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Originally posted by Roadmonster96:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />but if you REALLY want to pick up a bunch of HP...

paint the car DCM
How dare you!!! My Driftwood Metallic runs better than most DCM's with the same mods. :D My only other thing I can think of would be to unbolt the sway bar. Will this improve my E.T? I already cleaned the MAF, but will when I get there, and I hit WOT a lot on the street. </font>[/QUOTE]I would imagine the front sway bar would be worth something. For the month that I drove around with it disconnected I noticed that the rear end squatted a lot better when launching

G

·
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Remove frt bar and pull the belt. It's a no brainer. You already have a very good 60' so you need to gain a bit in the end. Pulling the belt should give you .5-1 mph. Heck, you may not even need to remove the frt bar but it would make you a few LBs lighter. Your car is moving for the limited mods done!! Good luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
If you are using the stock air cleaner, drop-in-filter, air box then you need to drill the lower section on the front and fender sides with extra air entry holes. That way you won't be pulling air through only the air snout.

Front tire pressure to 40 psi; rear tire pressure to 22 psi.

Try to keep the engine as cool as possible after you get to the track (park close to the staging lanes, shutdown, open hood, keep the engine off for a long as you can). Icing the top of the intake manifold is also a good idea, and make sure you have no excess (large) weight in the car.

The above should be plenty to drop you into the high 13s, perhaps as much as 13.8x depending on how good the air is, and how well you launch.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
if you decide to remove the front bar all together remember to not reuse the old bolts and get some new ones. Be very careful so you don't strip the threads out!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
JFYI. The first time I hit 13's it was a 13.894 @ 99.89. I decided to pull the belt for the hell of it and ran 13.683 @ 100.79. It's definately a PITA like some said to pull the belt. But!! It will get you that 13 for sure, if you're in similar weather as you were for the 14.079. The high pressure in the frts seems to work well too as stated above 40-45psi. Keep us posted!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Just a shot try changing all oils motor,trans,rear to synthetic. You should pull front bar better weight transfer = possibly will let you leave the line at a higher rpm and will plant tires.Putin good fuel and run on a 1/4 tank. my.02

G

·
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Launch at a higher lanch RPM huh? You think I should? What is the optimal launch RPM on an edge 2800? I've had luck leaving a lil above idle, but am open to suggestios on any technique.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Don't let these guys trick you into removing your belt. I removed mine and as soon as I got out of my car, my pants fell down.
:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Originally posted by Impala Mark:
Don't let these guys trick you into removing your belt. I removed mine and as soon as I got out of my car, my pants fell down.
:D
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. now THATS funny.. i dont care who u are.. that is funny

G

·
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
What were your short times before with your 14.0 run? What tires do you use?

EDIT Nevermind, looked at your sig.

Just start pulling things out of your car. Remember, if it weighs something then it takes power to get it down the track. I have no personal experience with the QTP's so I don't know the best method as far as burnout length and the optimal 60' time. Anyone?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I would just see what it runs again and work off that tweaking tire pressures and launch technique. If that still doesn't get you 13's then I would add more power. Headers, full intake, ported LT4 manifold, cams..etc. Unless you're running heads up and every last bit counts, who cares. If the car will only run 13's with a drivers seat and nothing else, that's not really a good indicator on how the car performs. Just my 2 cents.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Well guys after a week of wondering, hoping, prepping and praying, I finally got to the track. Today it was 50 degrees, and dry as a bone. The weather was perfect. As for prep, I just ended up doing my standard setup, which was remove A/F and airbox setup before MAF, remove spare tire, mount the slicks, and just run as I brung it. It felt strong pulling up to the line, and my first run netted a 14.06. A new best, but no 13. Second run was a 14.01. Close, but no cigar. The gave me a 13.995. I had done it. (Finally :D :D :D )
My best run of the day came 2 runs later, and looked like this:

R/T- .058
60'- 1.829
330'- 5.575
1/8- 8.768
MPH- 76.70
1/4- 13.894
MPH- 95.52

So there you have it, a stock engine Buick Roadmaster, no CAI, and just basically drivetrain and exhaust mods belting out a 13.8x. Life is good. Respond away.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by 95wagon:
Fold the mirrors in
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anybody done testing to see if that really helps? (for those of use with 95-96 cars only)
Yes I did it, and no, I didn't go any faster. ( I also turned my hood ornament sideways, no dice there either)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
HOLY SH*T ED!!!!!

Congrats!!!! That's awsome time! I knew you'd be able to hit 13's on your next visit to the track hehehe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Originally posted by Roadmonster96:
Anyone else?
you luck bum... Congratulations. But be warned, I'm not going to be too far behind. I just need some sticky tires, a non leaking exhaust manifold, and a tc, and I'll be right there with you

G

·
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Should have kept those mirrors in. It takes a few runs for the new aero patterns to take hold

Seriously, congratulations on your run.
What does a Buick sedan weigh?
Gerry

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.