Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I recentley bought an android phone. I am looking to purchase a new single din deck. Does anyone know of one that can stream satelite music to the deck? I know I can stream music that is dowloaded on my phone already, but looking for one that can do pandora or slacker music also. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
I know pioneers new app radio is android friendly. But that is a double din. Also check out parrot asteroid, it has android market right on the radio itself.

·
Registered
404 Posts
My deck has bluetooth and I can play pandora and music I have downloaded on my phone. So I think as long has ur deck has bluetooth you should be able to play your music.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you're looking for a cheaper route, you can buy just about any deck with an auxillary audio input, and get a cable that you can plug your phone into. Yes, you will have to use your phone instead of the deck, but it's a helluva lot cheaper than going out and buying a new deck... just my .02

·
Registered
69 Posts
it will work no matter what you stream. however your going to either get throttled or run your net useage over on your phone unless your on sprint. internet radios use a bit of bandwith so i wouldnt recommend it so much. also if you have sat radio on your phone it still uses bandwith of the phone because it still is internet based for phones.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you're looking for a cheaper route, you can buy just about any deck with an auxillary audio input, and get a cable that you can plug your phone into. Yes, you will have to use your phone instead of the deck, but it's a helluva lot cheaper than going out and buying a new deck... just my .02
you can also get usb and bt fm modulators now. still not as hassle free as a good hu is though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts