Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Photobucket.com has recently changed its terms of service for free users on their platform. As of June 20 images hosted by Photobucket and shared on our forum, or any other third party sites, will no longer appear. As a result, you may notice a higher amount of broken images on the forum.

If you do not have access to edit your older posts please contact an Administrator or Moderator for assistance. Please provide the new URL for the image that needs to be edited and a link to the thread the image in located in.

More information on the change and what it means for Photobucket users can be found below.

Photobucket Terms of Use http://photobucket.com/terms

Thank you

Community Support

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Yesirree! The issue expanded upon here:

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/9-misc/1303001-wth-up-photobucket.html

As I noted on that thread it would appear PB users are experiencing different results. I (for one) am still seeing my pics posted both recently and even ancient posts.

There are quite a few pics still remaining on the forum, and many are shown as being hosted by PB. But alas I notice all pics by some of the old sages covering very important topics are blocked.

This is an example of about the most recent post I did with a pic, so can someone reply whether it is blocked or visible to them: ?? Also notice how a certain poster (now from Oregon) still shows his pics that are hosted by PB:
http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/21-wagons/228195-let-me-see-what-you-haul-ii-pics-7.html

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
Hello,

Photobucket.com has recently changed its terms of service for free users on their platform. As of June 20 images hosted by Photobucket and shared on our forum, or any other third party sites, will no longer appear. As a result, you may notice a higher amount of broken images on the forum.

If you do not have access to edit your older posts please contact an Administrator or Moderator for assistance. Please provide the new URL for the image that needs to be edited and a link to the thread the image in located in.

More information on the change and what it means for Photobucket users can be found below.

Photobucket Terms of Use Terms | Photobucket

Thank you

Community Support
I don't suppose there's any easy way for you to be able to generate a report by member whos posts now have broken links do ya?

It's going to be a helluva time consuming process for us to go thru our subscribed thread lists, and then look at each and every one for broken links.

The the next part would be hoping the user has backups of those images that posted on Photobucket...

I think there will be tons of broken links, and there won't be much we can do about it.

Plus the fact that I know there have been times where I have gone to edit a thread, and I can't because it's an older one for some reason.

We're S.O.L on this one I'm afraid.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I would suggest that Photobucket will be shutting down images that are "high traffic" first. If members keep accessing the same image the poster's account will be flagged. It might take a while for Photobucket to target images that are not accessed in high numbers.

If it is possible for Photobucket users they should "backup" their images before the account is flagged as high usage. Removing key high usage images may give them extra time to plan their next move.

Admin are the Thumbnail images (drag and drop file upload) hosted by the forum's software?

·
Administrator
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/9-misc/1303001-wth-up-photobucket.html

As I noted on that thread it would appear PB users are experiencing different results. I (for one) am still seeing my pics posted both recently and even ancient posts.

There are quite a few pics still remaining on the forum, and many are shown as being hosted by PB. But alas I notice all pics by some of the old sages covering very important topics are blocked.

This is an example of about the most recent post I did with a pic, so can someone reply whether it is blocked or visible to them: ?? Also notice how a certain poster (now from Oregon) still shows his pics that are hosted by PB:
http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/21-wagons/228195-let-me-see-what-you-haul-ii-pics-7.html
Hey there,

It seems like PB is tackling their members in waves.
If you were a paid member this quote relates to you:
ANY PAYING MEMBER WHOSE PLUS ACCOUNT WAS IN GOOD STANDING AS OF JUNE 1, 2017, SHALL CONTINUE TO RECEIVE ALL THE PHOTOBUCKET SERVICES THAT WERE AVAILABLE TO HIM/HER ON SUCH DATE, INCLUDING IMAGE LINKING AND 3RD PARTY IMAGE HOSTING, UNTIL DECEMBER 31, 2018 AS LONG THEY MAINTAIN THEIR CURRENT PLUS ACCOUNT SUBSCRIPTION OR A HIGHER LEVEL PLUS ACCOUNT SUBSCRIPTION DURING SUCH PERIOD OF TIME.
Most of the images in that thread provide seem to be affected.

I don't suppose there's any easy way for you to be able to generate a report by member whos posts now have broken links do ya?

It's going to be a helluva time-consuming process for us to go thru our subscribed thread lists, and then look at each and every one for broken links.

The the next part would be hoping the user has backups of those images that posted on Photobucket...

I think there will be tons of broken links, and there won't be much we can do about it.

Plus the fact that I know there have been times where I have gone to edit a thread, and I can't because it's an older one for some reason.

We're S.O.L on this one I'm afraid.
The best way to check your old posts is through your Statistics on your profile page and view your individual posts that contain images.
This is not a much better process but it's the best way to search for your images so we can help out and swap them out.

The best way to get around that right now would be to post images directly to the forum.

I would suggest that Photobucket will be shutting down images that are "high traffic" first. If members keep accessing the same image the poster's account will be flagged. It might take a while for Photobucket to target images that are not accessed in high numbers.

If it is possible for Photobucket users they should "backup" their images before the account is flagged as high usage. Removing key high usage images may give them extra time to plan their next move.

Admin are the Thumbnail images (drag and drop file upload) hosted by the forum's software?
All images that are uploaded using the software's upload methods are saved on our servers.
I cannot recommend enough tthat members upload images using the methods provided to them on the site.

Richard.

·
Administrator
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Intriguing, though I wish it was a different photo hosting site. Imgur actually expressly states that users aren't supposed to use their site to host images to other sites. It's written into their terms of use. In practice, it's not something that is often enforced by them, but in theory having their photos hosted here can get all those photos deleted from their server and the site itself banned from use. Seen it happen on a couple of forums in our network. Mass doing so might be enough of a red flag to get noticed

Kevin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts