Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 95 Fleetwood has done this twice now. I have researched past posts and the AWH Fleetwood site to no avail.

Here is what's happening. You hit the remote to unlock the car get in and close the door and solenoids for the locks start chattering in all the doors. They will lock and unlock but not stop chattering. I first started pulling fuses according to the manual and can disable all the doors but the driver's door which continues to chatter. I pulled every fuse one at a time and the ones under the hood all to no avail, driver door still chattering. Disconnect and reconnect the battery and all is well again and don't even have to reprogram the remotes. I tried jumping the connector in the trunk to no avail. Open all the doors and it stops also till you close one. Turn on the ignition and only the driver's door chatters.

Anyone have any ideas?

Mikey

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mike try disconnecting the power lock switches in the doors... Then reconnect one at a time to see if one of them is the culprit... If one of those switches got wet it might cause your problem... i.e. windows getting tinted...

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eddie,

Now that you mention it, the locks did not do this
until the window tint. What I don't understand is if I disconect/reconnect the battery all is well.

Mikey

·
Registered
15 Posts
door lock problem

I have almost the same problem. '94 SS. Bought it new. Mine will lock and unlock while driving or even stopped. They may lock & unlock 10 times in a row or just 1 time. I have removed the power remote control box. Still do it. Remove the fuse and only the driver side will click (not lock or unlock ). Remove the 30 amp fuse at the top of the fuse box and all stops.
I plan to check the door switches next. I had not thought that they could be the problem.
thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
11,038 Posts
Try the door lock relay behind the driver's side kick panel. It is a small part behind the hood latch handle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts