Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the Impala SS cat backs won't fit wagons without some changes. It sounds like they are ok from the cat to the muffler and need changes downstream from there. Is the difference in the part that goes over the axle or just longer pipes from the axle back to the bumper? Is it feasable to just alter the SS cat back or better to just have them bend the pipes from scratch? I have a Dynomax cat back on the SS and love it, would like the same for the wagon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It was to do with the proximity of the fuel tank to the diff, the left side filler, the offset,
the spare tire well.
Once you finish coming down from above the housing you will need to make changes.

If you have the Dynomax over axles , a couple of mandrel bends along with someone with an eye and a welder you will come out just fine.
Gerry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's good to know Gerry. I only knew about the spare tire being a problem. I was planning on using the standard Dynomax overaxle pipes, but coming out behind the tires, eliminating the spare tire location problem. I knew nothing about the gas tank being in the way.

Thanks again,
Kris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.