Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we asked, and we got it!

Gary is doing another GP on his infmaous battery cables.

$55.00 for side post applications and $65.00 for top post applications. These are the best battery cables you can possibly buy.

Order directly from the website: Battery Cables

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey guys.

I just bought three of Gary's products: Meziere Harness, Headlight Harness, and Battery Cables.

The difference in quality is amazing.

You will be glad you bought these cables

The stock wiring is a joke.

My .02

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by myasylum:
Is there a difference in top, or side post? One better then the other?
I considered ordering the top post and getting a dual terminal battery. Keep the car connections on the top and amps, etc on the side.

I think the only difference in the cables is the ends, and the top mount has a heaveier cable to the alternator for the 200 amp alternators.

All in all I decided to keep it stock and stick with the side posts. I can always mount my amps and stuff to the top posts down the road.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can we get some confirmation from Mr. Clark on this GP and how many people are needed?

Also I have paypal on standby for a set of battery cables for a 96 9c1 w/ the junction box.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Question as to how to order correctly:

I plan on upgrading to a (2) Optima battery setup and a higher amp alternator when I re-do my stereo. Wondering if that info is enough to convey to Gary when ordering his lovely cables. :confused:

E

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No minimum, the deals already going.. He changed the prices on the website for us.

Side post $55.00 (Was $65.00)
Top post $65.00 (Was 75.00)

Shipping not included. The shipping is reasonable though. All that copper isn't light..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cool, I've been thinking of getting a mess of stuff from him.

Strike while the iron is hot ! and there's money in the bank account.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The timing of this 'special' is pretty good. I just put a brake controller (for trailers w/electric brakes) in my RM (Tekonsha Envoy works fantastic (inertial type))... and needed a good 20A supply for it and a good 30A supply for 'aux power' to trailer. I sourced both of these on the 'big' post at the 'underhood electrical center'.

And of course the factory post is a little melted/questionable looking. I have a new 'improved' brass post but couln't figure out how to get the old one off quickly... so just cleaned everything up (steel wool) and put it all back together... thinking I would get the improved cables and replace the post then.

So, the new cables have "and 2 gauge copper cable for the alternator and fusebox". What is my factory cable to the fusebox ('underhood electrical center')? Is it 4 gauge (it does look fairly small and did concern me about trying to tap another 50A (20 + 30) from it (especially when it already has melted plastic around the post). Car has factory towing package with bigger alternator; not sure on alternator output... Is this the 200A alternator??

Would I just be best to do the top post type with the 1/0 gauge alternator cable? I am thinking the cable to the 'underhood electrical center' on the top post type is still the 2 gauge (per the web site not indicating otherwise).

Hope my questions can be followed... any suggestions/experience will be appreciated. Also, any experience how to remove the old post (without ripping the 'underhood electrical center' apart) would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can order now through sunday at the special prices...($10.00 off reg prices)..plus frieght..

The stock alternator is a 140amp unit...

If you are using a optima battery it makes it nice to have the battery cables on top and all your stereo and acc on the side post. (thats how I have mine)

The side post set is fine for anyone using the stock alternator.

If you are looking to do a custom setup. please e-mail me.. I.E. dual batteries ect..

Here is a break down on the cables:

Sidepost.
1/0 gauge to the starter
2 gauge to the alt
2 gauge to the fuse box.

1/0 gauge ground to the engine
2 gauge ground to the body

Toppost.
1/0 gauge to the starter
1/0 gauge to the alt
2 gauge to the fuse box

1/0 gauge ground to the engine
1/0 gauge to the body

The factory cables are all 4 gauge...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gary any idea(over estimate) on the cost of shiping to the east coast(02905), or Should I just add about $10 for S&H?

thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by mass9c1:
Gary any idea(over estimate) on the cost of shiping to the east coast(02905), or Should I just add about $10 for S&H?

thanks
when you order off my site it will add freight..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Gary,

Thanks for the detailed response on your cables. I will be ordering at least one set (possibly two; one for each of my two '94 LT1 Wagons). I just need to decide if I want the top post or side post type. Do you know which alternator came with factory towing package; 200A or 140A? My '94 4300 V-8 Sedan has a much smaller alternator than the Wagons have; is this likely smaller than 140A or is 140A the smallest they did on Caprices in '94?... If so, then the Wagons must have the 200A.

My understanding is that I can do a Paypal 'echeck' on this up through Sunday (until 11:59 PM Sunday) and still get the reduced price. Is this correct?

Thanks,
Kevin.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by WhiteWoodySleepers:
Gary,

Thanks for the detailed response on your cables. I will be ordering at least one set (possibly two; one for each of my two '94 LT1 Wagons). I just need to decide if I want the top post or side post type. Do you know which alternator came with factory towing package; 200A or 140A? My '94 4300 V-8 Sedan has a much smaller alternator than the Wagons have; is this likely smaller than 140A or is 140A the smallest they did on Caprices in '94?... If so, then the Wagons must have the 200A.

My understanding is that I can do a Paypal 'echeck' on this up through Sunday (until 11:59 PM Sunday) and still get the reduced price. Is this correct?

Thanks,
Kevin.
Some Caprices had a 105amp alternator.

Both your LT1 cars should have a 140 amp alternator. GM never installed a 200amp.
And yes on the ending time on the GP...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.