Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'll make it a quick one! i want to paint my car a solid color, thinking cop car Blue.

Is there a certain amount of coats i want?

Should i have the clear coat and paint mixed together when applied?

Or should i have it applied after the paint?

The reason i asked is becuase one shop didn't recommend using clear coat becuase it starts to peel over time becuase of the sun....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Originally posted by studious03:

The reason i asked is becuase one shop didn't recommend using clear coat because it starts to peel over time becuase of the sun....
Dont take your car near that shop.
I think 2 coats of base and 3 coats of clear are good. Any reputable shop should be have this knowledge.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Leave the clear alone..It provides the UV protection for everyday use..

Mixing it for show cars is ok because they are the garage trophys and never see the daily abuse of the weather..Plus adds $$$ and time to the project for that DEEP shine.....

A normal paint job and some Zaino after a few months when the paint is fully cured will look great....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by studious03:

The reason i asked is becuase one shop didn't recommend using clear coat becuase it starts to peel over time becuase of the sun....
Either the quality of product or that shops process is the problem with the clear lifting.. Proper material and process will eliminate that from happening. Roger

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.