Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 RM sedan. I bought a new underdrive crank pulley and belt together for 50 bucks from ebay for a 94-97 camaro z28.

The guy at the dealership told me that it would not fit my car for an unknown reason. This week the car is going back to the dealership for a recurring belt noise. Should I try to get them to throw in the underdrive too? Would it fit or was he trying to avoid extra work?

Also, a friend of mine told me that when he installed an underdrive crank pulley the alternator on his 95 mustang gt would not charge at idle, and the idiot light would turn on.

Any such problems with the LT1's?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The pulley fitting and working would probably depend on the unit. I used to have a MARCH underdrive pulley for the crank, which mounted behind the balancer. I had it on my 95 Firebird with LT1, then later put it onto my 94 9c1 when I purchased it.. It should fit.

As for the charging issues, My lights would dim down to a faint glow if I had the radio and AC on during the summer while stopped at a light... So soon after I removed the pulley and sold it on Ebay.

-Tom

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.