Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 RMW. I purchased a 95 z28 cluster, and a complete additional RM cluster.

I have seen the work Gary does building clusters - and I think they are beyond freaking awesome, but that isn't for me. I don't want the cost, and I want to do it myself.

I can handle swapping pins in the plugins, I can handle crossing the wiring, so that won't be a problem.

I could SWARE I saw a write up that someone did it themselves, but I'll be darned if I can find it. I was sure that someone put a Z28 cluster inside a RM cluster housing, and cut out the gauge area for the Z cluster...

Anyone know the thread I'm talking about?

BTW, does anyone have a wiring diagram / pinout for the 96 RM cluster? I have the z28 diagram / pinout, but not for a 96 RM.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you very much! I already had that, but I'm ultra glad you offered it up.

I guess what Im looking for is how are you guys making your faceplates. I'm contemplating making one out of plexiglass that is in the exact shape as the original RM, but cutting out the holes for gauges so the Z28 gauges show through. Then attach the plexi face plate (painted) to the Z cluster, adapt the wiring harneses, and make a mount.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Look under the Electrical section. 10/27/2015. This post has all the electrical information you need. With the Z28 cluster and some connectors that plug into the main recepticals behind the Roadies cluster you will have all the wiring parts you need. I bought a separate RM cluster that I could cut up to set the Z cluster into. Good Luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts