Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My factory motorized antenna died in my 95 caprice. For life of me I cant see how to remove it without pulling the fender so I got a replacement gm non electric antenna frok the parts store. Only issue is its gt a short cable so right now its on my dash but the reception is crap. Does it need to be mounted to the body? Also, is the fact that I didnt hook up the on/off wireto the new cd player harness for the stock antenna causing an issue?

·
Registered
10,930 Posts
You can remove most of the bolts (at least to the top of the wheel opening) holding the wheelhouse to the fender and body, and pull it far enough away to wedge a 2X4 between it and the car, so that you can get the antenna out from the bottom. There is a 10mm screw in the door jam as well.

·
Premium Member
1,360 Posts
My factory motorized antenna died in my 95 caprice. For life of me I cant see how to remove it without pulling the fender so I got a replacement gm non electric antenna frok the parts store. Only issue is its gt a short cable so right now its on my dash but the reception is crap. Does it need to be mounted to the body? Also, is the fact that I didnt hook up the on/off wireto the new cd player harness for the stock antenna causing an issue?

drop the inner fender to replace the antenna, just did it today, found a donor with a good pwr one in the yard

there is one 10 mm bolt in the door jamb that holds the antenna

I jacked up the car removed the wheel and wheel trim
the inner fender is held in by a bunch of 10mm and 13 mm bolts, take the rear half of the bolts outs and it falls enough to pull it and replace it

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
Fred who posts for sale stuff also does power antenna repair.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts