Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the power antenna on my 96 ss broke but i was wondering if there is a way i can put the screw on type antenna from a caprice on my ss
has anyone ever done that?

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
There is a mount for the fixed antenna. It will require that you screw the "ground" to the orignial mounting hole from inside the right front door jam. It basically bolts up like the power ones, but doesn't have the motor or collapsible mast assembly. I see them at the JY regularly. I am going to replace the fixed antenna on my wagon with a power antenna soon.

If your currnet antenna mast is good and you replace it with a fixed one, I would be intersted in the mast portion of the old antenna.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a mount for the fixed antenna. It will require that you screw the "ground" to the orignial mounting hole from inside the right front door jam. It basically bolts up like the power ones, but doesn't have the motor or collapsible mast assembly. I see them at the JY regularly. I am going to replace the fixed antenna on my wagon with a power antenna soon.

If your currnet antenna mast is good and you replace it with a fixed one, I would be intersted in the mast portion of the old antenna.
is there a part # that i can replace it with and my mast snapped thats why im asking about a fixed style

1 - 3 of 3 Posts