Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
enthusiasts on this site? I've been saving this equipment to hook something up from way back in the day. I purchased all of these units brand new way back in the day.

My installer talked me out of it so... the following items are for sale...

Rockford Fosgate Punch 75

RF Punch 150

Are you ready for this? A.. Punch 650 with a built in fan. What do you guys know about that?
I have one with a chrome shroud. I also have a gold plated shroud to go with it for the right price. Dig deep fellas....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FOURDRVET is a member on here from Orlando i believe. he's a big Fosgate fan

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey I am too bro. I'm running Fosgate stuff in my Riviera, my Elco, and the Chrysler 300M.

The old school stuff rocks. The 04, 05, and 06 models were a major disappointment.

I am hearing very good things about the 2007 RF punch line.

I will probably be hooking up the Impala with some of that. Stay tuned... it will be a slow process.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got a punch 100 and a punch 240ix. Im only using the 240 now for the highs and mids. This amp has been pushing day in day out since around 94!

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
could you pm me a price i might be interested thanks ,sean

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What's up Sean?

Too bad the site went down for a few days. I think that the punch 150 and 75 are sold.

All I have left is the 650 mosfet. I am looking to get $500.00 for this unit. It will come with both the chrome and gold plated shroud and a package of RF fuses.

If you wish I can let you know if the deal with the punch 75 and 150 falls through. Thanks for the inquiry.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey jose. well what ever I do end up getting im definatley slapping a system in it so maybe we can work something out and have a mod weekend one of these days?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, sounds cool with me. A mod day... sounds like an excellent idea to me.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You have better equipment in place of those?
You have some serious stuff on your hands.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Adrian Madkin:
You have better equipment in place of those?
You have some serious stuff on your hands.
seriously, that stuff is cherry, I would keep it.

That is unless its being replaced with, zed/audioson/arc's new high end line, or c2k zapcos....

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well guys,

I know, I know believe me. I've had this stuff since I purchased it brand new. I know what this stuff can do.

I also know that this equipment will make someone real satisfied.

I was debating. For a while I considered hooking up an old school system using the 650 and or maybe several punch 150 etc..

My installer talked me out of it. I will be running 2007 punch series amps on my Impala. My installer and I decided to go with a T-1500.bd for the lows and a T-400.4 to drive the mids and tweets.

I am hearing really good things from the new RF punch series. I trust this dude since he has worked on all of my rides (except for the Impala). No regrets. Here is a sample of what he can do...

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm sorry, but if i talked to any installer that I talk to, who tells me to replace a MINT Power 650 mosfet with any year RF's line of amps besides another power 650 mosfet, then that would be the last time i take any type of advice from him.

Power Mosfet > anything else RF.

period. always has been, and always will be.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I understand your position. But we are talking new technology versus old technology. That's what it boils down to.

If I was dead set on using that we would have. He has some valid points. The 650 just like the power 1000 of the old days was way ahead of its time.

Again, I am quite happy with what we have done in the past. I've got more than half a dozen cars with systems for data points.

Hence the post. Based on your statements and knowledge of the equipment, I am sure you would agree that this is a good deal for someone that is looking to go that route.

That someone is not me. It's time to part with this stuff. I'm cool with that.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
understood, point taken, and i appreciate your position.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Punch 75 and 150 are sold.

All I have left is the 650. Next stop will probably be ebay....

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Dropped Fullsize:
enthusiasts on this site? I've been saving this equipment to hook something up from way back in the day. I purchased all of these units brand new way back in the day.

My installer talked me out of it so... the following items are for sale...

Rockford Fosgate Punch 75

RF Punch 150

Are you ready for this? A.. Punch 650 with a built in fan. What do you guys know about that?
I have one with a chrome shroud. I also have a gold plated shroud to go with it for the right price. Dig deep fellas....

Dropped FS

what's up brother

hope all is well

i had all these amps before

nostalgic

i just got a T40001BD and am selling my T20001BD if you want it

picked up a Type RF X3 and also havce an X2 for sale

but i agree with your installer i would not install the stuff either , i know you have been clinging on to it and it is in good shape

if you want current RF stuff to install try to stear away from punch line and stick with the power line

anyway peace

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Fourdr,

What's good? I have not spoken to you in a while bro. Hoping everything is going great for you down south.

Everything is good over here. Thanks for the info and sanity check. Yes, my homie told me the same thing about staying away from the Punch line and going with the Power line. Thanks for the info.

Update: I double checked information and did some homework. Check your PM bro.

[ 04-28-2007, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: Dropped Fullsize ]

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by Dropped Fullsize:
Hey Fourdr,

What's good? I have not spoken to you in a while bro. Hoping everything is going great for you down south.

Everything is good over here. Thanks for the info and sanity check. Yes, my homie told me the same thing about staying away from the Punch line and going with the Power line. Thanks for the info.

Update: I double checked information and did some homework. Check your PM bro.
PM sent

1 - 18 of 18 Posts