Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Check out the thread by 94MI9C1. I have seen his kit in his car at nationals. Very nice guy. im sure he will point you in the right direction...

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Thanks Riley, I am really not that nice LOL.

Bampo on the thread that Beast posted is indeed the thread about mine, but I completely made the kit from scratch and molded the dash panel to fit it correctly. So not really a kit. I don't know of any that are a typical almost drop in kit like the Detail kit. Since the surrounds in our cars are a din and a half, there is always some cutting that had to be done and of coarse making the surround look right is half the battle.

I will help in anyway that I can, but short of making one for yourself, not sure of any other kit out there.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
cutting a dash is a piece of cake with a dremel tool. Had to change my 99 F150 a bit ot fit my double din setup so I could have GPS and watch movies, lol

Biggest issue just go slow, if you are really scared rough cut, then use the sanding disk to get pretty close and then a file to finish it out nicely.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
cutting a dash is a piece of cake with a dremel tool. Had to change my 99 F150 a bit ot fit my double din setup so I could have GPS and watch movies, lol

Biggest issue just go slow, if you are really scared rough cut, then use the sanding disk to get pretty close and then a file to finish it out nicely.

Kinda like this ? Of course I did'nt do it myself I had Hack ( Scott ) do mine.... came out pretty clean

1 - 10 of 10 Posts