Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rear wiper was going this morning and I thought to myself, I must have bumped that when I got out of the car yesterday. Nope. Passenger lock is punched, so was the glovebox. Column stripped (can't start it). Must have not been able to steal it so they ripped out the radio. Didn't touch the GT4202 kit or under manifold kit in the back though. You know cuz that is actually worth something. God, I love stupid people!

Its for a 92 RMW if it makes any difference.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
I've got a complete column from a 93 RMS with keys if it'll work for you. I'd take $50 + shipping for the whole thing (it's grey).

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for looking out Goldy

Found one locally though. It was out of a 93 caprice and I got everything installed, so I am rolling again.

I'm super paranoid that these [email protected]$kers are going to come back and try and steal my Wagon/Boyds. They got the Gorrila key to take them now, and I need to figure out how to get the lugs off without it to change the lug pattern. I'm gonna park it right next to my bedroom window and drop it on the ground until I get an alarm. So more than likely, if they get the car started, they won't know what switch is which and I'll hear them airing it up.

Man if I catch anybody touching my wagon, I'm gonna be on the news.

·
Banned
1,248 Posts
Sorry to hear that the locals are after your caprice. Try locking lugs, they are a good investment.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Already got them LT. Now I just need to switch them out for a different pattern just in case. I live on the main drag, so I bet it was some punk kid that thought he could snatch it. I've lived here for 5 years and never had any problems. It is a real safe area. Sh!t happens ya know.

I borrowed my girls car, bought a column on CL and installed it myself. $75 & 4 hours later (paint included) I am rolling again.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Found one locally though. It was out of a 93 caprice and I got everything installed, so I am rolling again.
No problem, glad you got her going again quickly. But now that they have your wheel lock key, I bet they are planning to come back... The rims are probably what they really want anyway. I suspect if they had gotten the car, it would've turned up rather quickly minus the rims (maybe the air bag stuff too). It's easier to steal the whole thing and take it somewhere where there is less chance of someone spotting them stripping it.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I think that they are coming back too. Maybe not anytime soon, but I bet that they will. It freaks me out because this is my house, so it will always be here. If it was a movie theatere or something I wouldn't be as worried. If it gets broken into again, I'm gonna be PISSED!

I'll get an alarm with a kill switch on it. Don't know what else I can do...:(

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Yeah I think that they are coming back too. Maybe not anytime soon, but I bet that they will. It freaks me out because this is my house, so it will always be here. If it was a movie theatere or something I wouldn't be as worried. If it gets broken into again, I'm gonna be PISSED!

I'll get an alarm with a kill switch on it. Don't know what else I can do...:(

Maybe get one of those cheap camera systems you can put in your house to keep an eye on it. You can get em at harbor freight for like $300. You might have to spring for a better quality night vision camera though... The ones that come with it arent that great.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Maybe get one of those cheap camera systems you can put in your house to keep an eye on it. You can get em at harbor freight for like $300. You might have to spring for a better quality night vision camera though... The ones that come with it arent that great.
Got a Frys or Costco nearby? They have good security systems. Since you don't need multiple cameras or huge memory, the price is reasonable. The better systems use a Sony or known brand camera. Check a wireless type for ease of installation.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
"(I'm) one of the best criminals that you're looking at in this police car," Taylor said. "Don't leave anything in your car because beware, I'll be there by far, anywhere, night or dark, sunlight, the morning, whatever, I'm hitting it."

The judge is gonna love that.

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,201 Posts
"(I'm) one of the best criminals that you're looking at in this police car," Taylor said. "Don't leave anything in your car because beware, I'll be there by far, anywhere, night or dark, sunlight, the morning, whatever, I'm hitting it."

The judge is gonna love that.
Kid is obviously brilliant!

·
Registered
83 Posts
A few years ago my 95 wagon almost got snatched in a Dayton OH suburb of Kettering. They did get some of my stuff out of the car but not the car. Looks like its time to build a garage for your ride..

Yes get a camera system and put them up high too.

Get a dog too.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Didn't read through all of the posts, so don't know if you got one yet. But I have a column out of a 96 Impala - don't know if that will work for you. I'm in Dayton.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Saw you got one but you never said the interior color.

I have a dark blue complete column with wheel & airbag out of a 92 RMW.
with key. Dunno what color your interior is but it's yours for 50 plus shipping if you need it (may have to take out the airbag to ship due to the explosives).

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for looking out guys

I installed one in my wagon same day. It was grey, but I painted it tan. It looks close enough for me.

There were a couple wires that I didn't hook up. Reverse lights aren't working and niether is the cruise. I'll get back under there soon and troubleshoot it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts