Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 79 fl250 fixer upper for junior. anybody know a good website for tips, parts, etc.?

i'll post pics tomorrow. we started stripping it down for service/paint/rebuild.

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,205 Posts
Ah that Homer was a nut!

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
I had an 80 FL250 when I was a kid.....my dad and I replaced everything. We coulda bought one that was all good to go for about $200 more.

Factory parts are going to be somewhat hard to come by, but I am pretty sure that aftermarket/upgraded parts are available.

Does it have the full cage or just the overhead bar? Does it run at all? the guy we bought ours from redefined shadetree mechanic by "drilling" out the main jet in the carb with a wood bit.....and not replacing the needle.

Ton of fun if you can get it going....good luck!!

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had an 80 FL250 when I was a kid.....my dad and I replaced everything. We coulda bought one that was all good to go for about $200 more.

Factory parts are going to be somewhat hard to come by, but I am pretty sure that aftermarket/upgraded parts are available.

Does it have the full cage or just the overhead bar? Does it run at all? the guy we bought ours from redefined shadetree mechanic by "drilling" out the main jet in the carb with a wood bit.....and not replacing the needle.

Ton of fun if you can get it going....good luck!!

it had a full cage installed. the moron welded the main hoop to the front bumper. then riveted what might have been the head net.

i had to cut the bars to pull the front tub off. then due to the rivets rain water was inside the bars.

no it doesn't run. it was missing the rubber intake manifold. compression seems good though.

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Check out www.hondapartspitstop.com and go through the model selection.....the FL models at least show up on the drop down menu.

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LMFAO you guys had no idea what I was thinking you just bought.....a Honda odyssey mini van lol! .
YA!!

it'll go great with the pocket protector i'm puttin in his stocking for christmas! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts