Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally getting back to work on my SS after a two year break. I was trying to figure out some new wheel and suspension set-ups. If anybody has pics of your Impalas lowered on 24's that would be awesome. Thanks

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind lol... Going a different route. Doing some test fits with this wheel to figure out drop numbers/clearances for rear. Anybody running 26's lowered?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I lowerd my car on Hotchkis springs no rub issues at all.

For 26's you have to bag it to get the best results!If you dont bag it all you are going to hear is rubbing especially with ppl in the car and you can forget your hard tight U-turns too.It will work only if you leave stock height and with a 25 series tire and a 26x9 front.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I am.....but I only have 24's out back.

Gettin bored with the look tho. Im ready for some soup cooler lip action out back.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeag deff not this wheel. This was the only one my local warehouse had to loan me for a test fit. Got something in mind just running some options. 214 your car looks sick with the raked look.
Stop at 24 if you really wanna drive that thing and please don't use that played out U2 wheel unless you remix it with some color.

Lowered w 24's looks sick enough.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Yea with 26's your gona lose ALOT of drivablity.. i didnt like how much i lost with 24's, but i had 24x10 all the way around.. might have been alright with 24x9's up front. dind have much rubbing issues tho only on steep driveways goin in at a angle.. and sharp turns.. but i also had 30 series tires.. if you go 26's you probably gona wana stretch some 25 series.. so there actually smaller then 25's.. and lower it enough that the widest part of the diameter of the wheel is up above the bottom of the wheel well then you WONT have to cut ANYTHING..

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yeah I have had the 24s on mine since dec 07' and mine rubs when I do hard turns-I have 24x9.5s with 275/30/24s but different springs-i should've stayed stock. I think im gonna order some 9C1 springs and do 275/25/24 in the front and stick with 275/30/24 in the back. First im gonna see how they act with the 30s all around before I buy (2) 25s. I wanna get rid of the air shocks too but I got 600LBs of stereo in the trunk-I may do the airbags in the springs

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Yeah I have had the 24s on mine since dec 07' and mine rubs when I do hard turns-I have 24x9.5s with 275/30/24s but different springs-i should've stayed stock. I think im gonna order some 9C1 springs and do 275/25/24 in the front and stick with 275/30/24 in the back. First im gonna see how they act with the 30s all around before I buy (2) 25s. I wanna get rid of the air shocks too but I got 600LBs of stereo in the trunk-I may do the airbags in the springs
Bro the problem is you using 275-30 tires!! im lowered on springs with no rubs.

check this out it will give all the info

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=227867

·
Registered
260 Posts
yeah I pretty much figured that was the problem but I hit the highway to chicago and texas too much for 25s even though they arent too far from 30s lol. I knew it was a mixture of the 25s and the springs. I dont even know what springs they are I had a friend put them on and they raised my car up ridiculously. even cut them 2 inches and there's still plenty of room between the front tire and the wheel well. I want the stock look but its hard due to the weight in the trunk. I originally went with Impala springs they were old though and once I added the stereo it sagged and sat on the tires-I added the springs and it still wasnt enough so we went with air shocks and that brought the rear up finally but the front had a rake so he added the springs up front and cut them so the car would have an even stance but the ride was horrible. I changed the front shocks to bilsteins and changed all the ball joints and bushings-that helped alot but the car is still all over the road-however I do need a new gear box so im gonna do that and just ditch the air shocks and probably go to 25s up front and keep the 30s in the back and go to 9C1 springs-guess I just will have to keep driving the Avy out of town lol-damn gas guzzlers

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
search for moog cargo coils, they lower the rears about and 1in' from the impala height. And shouldn't sag since there HD.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
yeah I pretty much figured that was the problem but I hit the highway to chicago and texas too much for 25s even though they arent too far from 30s lol. I knew it was a mixture of the 25s and the springs. I dont even know what springs they are I had a friend put them on and they raised my car up ridiculously. even cut them 2 inches and there's still plenty of room between the front tire and the wheel well. I want the stock look but its hard due to the weight in the trunk. I originally went with Impala springs they were old though and once I added the stereo it sagged and sat on the tires-I added the springs and it still wasnt enough so we went with air shocks and that brought the rear up finally but the front had a rake so he added the springs up front and cut them so the car would have an even stance but the ride was horrible. I changed the front shocks to bilsteins and changed all the ball joints and bushings-that helped alot but the car is still all over the road-however I do need a new gear box so im gonna do that and just ditch the air shocks and probably go to 25s up front and keep the 30s in the back and go to 9C1 springs-guess I just will have to keep driving the Avy out of town lol-damn gas guzzlers
its better to go with hotchkis springs it lowers the car 1.5'' front and 1'' rear the muscle stance and with all that weight in the rear im sure it will even the car out some, use heavy duty shocks in the rear.if you want a lil more thicker tire just go with a 255-30-24 lil much thinner then a 275-55.
I changed my old gear box too before putting on the 4's and did the whole front end rebuild too for better steering handling. 9c1 springs are going to make the car look ugly it be better to find OEM new SS springs or hotchkis springs.

How far is your drop? Do you have pics? Thanks
1.5 front and 1 in the rear I got pics here bro as well as other members with big wheels.

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=227867

1 - 18 of 18 Posts