Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anybody in this little room was running corvette c6 wheels? They are 18x10 in the front and 19x10 in the rear.

If so:

2" front and 2.5" rear adapters combo work out for ya?

What's your tire size?

thanks,

John

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sounds like a bad idea to me. The C6 weighed 3200 lbs; I don't know what the max GVW for it is but let's assume 250 lbs per person plus another 100 lbs cargo, that's 3800 lbs. Load a Fleetwood down with five people and some junk in the trunk and we're talking almost 6000 lbs. I wouldn't do it, breaking a wheel is bad news. There's a reason GM used a different lug pattern, it's light duty vs heavy duty.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Sounds like a bad idea to me. The C6 weighed 3200 lbs; I don't know what the max GVW for it is but let's assume 250 lbs per person plus another 100 lbs cargo, that's 3800 lbs. Load a Fleetwood down with five people and some junk in the trunk and we're talking almost 6000 lbs. I wouldn't do it, breaking a wheel is bad news. There's a reason GM used a different lug pattern, it's light duty vs heavy duty.

I would imagine the G load the C6 wheels are designed to handle far surpasses the load rating of a Caddy carrying a few people. I think they would look bad ass. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts