Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my ? is there anyone running hal 12way shocks on a street car,because i just purchased a set from another forum member and just want to make sure they will be ok on my setup,i have hotckis springs and don't drive it daily just summer time,i have bilisteins on there now,but will the hal 12ways be better,thanks for any info

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 12 way QA1's on my Impala with stock springs. I drive it in the summer on the street and at all kinds of race tracks. The adjustability is a very handy feature.

Ken Hennessy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok cool,sounds like they will be ok on my street car,just wanted to make sure that they weren't just for race cars,thanks for the info guys.keep it comin though

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do a search. I have had the seals on three out of four of the HALs on my car blow and it's happened to at least a couple of other people who run them on cars in areas where it gets cold in the Winter. If your car won't see any Winter use, or if HALs done something to fix the problem since, you would probably be ok, is my guess (but I really don't know), but if you think you might start driving it in the Winter, I'd pass unless HAL can tell you they fixed the problem.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had a seal on mine just go out randomly when the temperatures never dropped below 50*. it had happened within 3 months of purchase. They gladly fixed the shock. They've been fine since, but I put the car up in Nov to avoid the cold temp issue. I did however drive around in 40degree (at coldest) temps with no problem.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Same here. Never had a problem. Several Mustang guys in my area driving in the winter. They go 3/4 in the Winter because of the thicker oil.

John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.