Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 94 wagon is bone stock and pretty clean. I think it might look silly with a modern deck in it. I am going to add a i pod input thu the factory antenna. I was thinking about adding a sub to the factory system like a infinity bass link 2 , Has anyone done this and if so how did it sound?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
My 94 wagon is bone stock and pretty clean. I think it might look silly with a modern deck in it. I am going to add a i pod input thu the factory antenna. I was thinking about adding a sub to the factory system like a infinity bass link 2 , Has anyone done this and if so how did it sound?
I did not have the CC setup, but I originally added an amp and a set of subs in the SS with the original deck. I also upgraded the door and rear deck speakers (Infinity 4x6" plates, Infinity 6x9" 3-ways) at the same time (running from deck power - only the subs were amplified). The system did sound good.

A friend had a BassLink unit in his Volvo with the factory system and it sounded very good! Would be better in a wagon.

I say that for the cost of a powered sub, just do it! Can't hurt...

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear great things about the bass link, I wonder if the basslink 2 is worth the extra cash over the regular basslink?

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there a factory deck thats a cd player that will replace the factory concert sound II tape player? I found one on e bay that says its from a 95 roadmaster with a cd player and tape player but its beat up.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
There's at least one wagon with a basslink.
I bought a CD/tape player from a 95 roadmaster, but it had problems ejecting CDs when it was hot. There are lots of mid sized Buicks that had the same head units until the late 90's. I found one in a 98 Park Avenue, it looked the same as the 95 and plugged right in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts