Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hows things? keeping sane at home? lets hope this passes soon enough to get out to some shows/cruises this summer :cool:

·
Super Moderator
8,276 Posts
One would think.. except I've been slammed getting computers setup for all the kids, taxes done, spring landscape cleanup, a proposal at work, hah. One laptop dies and I've got 6 hours into trying to fix it, shopping for another, etc.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One would think.. except I've been slammed getting computers setup for all the kids, taxes done, spring landscape cleanup, a proposal at work, hah. One laptop dies and I've got 6 hours into trying to fix it, shopping for another, etc.
haha, thats how it goes with working from home... somehow becomes more busy than working at work!

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I wish, I don't think my California sourced parts will be getting shipped anytime soon.

-Brian

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish, I don't think my California sourced parts will be getting shipped anytime soon.

-Brian
dang you're right. We just called closure of "non-essential" businesses over here, auto parts are still considered essential for now

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm nearing my last few days of vacation before going back to work, im trying to get my radio sorted out right now. 3 more days!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm nearing my last few days of vacation before going back to work, im trying to get my radio sorted out right now. 3 more days!
bummer! stay safe when you get back to work.
J

·
Registered
590 Posts
I am liking this WFH stuff. No more 1 hour commutes each way to the office.
I have been working on my boat(Polish and Ceramic Sealant) and my '84 Monte Carlo SS(Plugs, Wires, Cap Rotor and valve cover gaskets).

In the queue is the suspension for my Impala. New Global West rear upper and lower. New Global West front uppers with 6 degrees of Caster built into the a-arm. New front anti-sway bar. New Amplifier Polk PAD5000.5
And continue to fine tune my ERE-383.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Originally, my school's spring break was extended to 3 weeks, but now the rest of the year has been put into 'distance learning' mode. We have not been told if we still have to report to the building for the remaining school days, or just post assignments from home. Weird times that we are living in...
Meanwhile, I have been putting up 100 feet of wood slat privacy fence. I am not a carpenter, so it is taking much more time than it should :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am liking this WFH stuff. No more 1 hour commutes each way to the office.
I have been working on my boat(Polish and Ceramic Sealant) and my '84 Monte Carlo SS(Plugs, Wires, Cap Rotor and valve cover gaskets).
View attachment 193101

View attachment 193102

In the queue is the suspension for my Impala. New Global West rear upper and lower. New Global West front uppers with 6 degrees of Caster built into the a-arm. New front anti-sway bar. New Amplifier Polk PAD5000.5
And continue to fine tune my ERE-383.
wow you've got some cool toys to keep you company at home eh? (y)

I'm a huge fan of suspension work, you've got me jealous now!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally, my school's spring break was extended to 3 weeks, but now the rest of the year has been put into 'distance learning' mode. We have not been told if we still have to report to the building for the remaining school days, or just post assignments from home. Weird times that we are living in...
Meanwhile, I have been putting up 100 feet of wood slat privacy fence. I am not a carpenter, so it is taking much more time than it should :(
Hopefully thats for the best! It's definitely a weird time for schools especially, i can't do any research because the labs are closed, and I now have to record my lab lectures and send them over email...not very conductive to anyone's learning to be watching a video on material testing!

Best of luck with the privacy fence, that was one of the best things we ever did to our yard, lol!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Best of luck with the privacy fence, that was one of the best things we ever did to our yard, lol!
My wife's dog wants to play with the neighbor's dog and keeps getting stuck under the chain-link fence. So far, in two battles of dog vs. fence, the fence has won both times and putting up the privacy fence is cheaper than the vet bills for getting him sewed back up...again.
He won't stop licking his stitched up foot, so he is stuck wearing the 'cone of shame.'

·
Registered
590 Posts
I finished detailing the '84 MCSS

Took off the wheels and polish/waxed them. Painted the suspension parts and what ever needed paint. The vehicle is a 1984 and does need a little work. Eventually this will be a body off restoration.

I need to clean my GTO. The pollen is making everything green.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My wife's dog wants to play with the neighbor's dog and keeps getting stuck under the chain-link fence. So far, in two battles of dog vs. fence, the fence has won both times and putting up the privacy fence is cheaper than the vet bills for getting him sewed back up...again.
He won't stop licking his stitched up foot, so he is stuck wearing the 'cone of shame.' View attachment 193110
poor fella, we all know that look too well! if only he knew its for the best, haha!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
Hey all. I was thinking something like this was needed. I had the thought of a "Roll Call" to see how everyone is doing and if somehow we can help one another. I had been working on rebuilding my transmission and had an Oh shyt situation. While trying to remove the 3rd accumulator capsule I ran into a problem. I tried it one way and no go. I bought the removal tool and pulled the tabs out. Off to you tube and a guy showed using a 3/8th inch tap. I got it in there and it snapped off. It was an Irwin tap and not HF. Now I'm trying to figure that out. If I can't get it out I'll have to source another case. (700R4/4l60)
I've been working on the old home stead. I've mowed the lawn several times, put out weed & feed and did some painting on the outside. If I can beat the rain scheduled for today, I'll do some work on my flag pole. I have to order an exhaust gasket for my little Mazda pickup. I have the others to replace a head gasket. A job I've been putting off.
Maybe I'll rearrange the refrigerator today.
Best to all and hang tough.

Mark: Snowman-33

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Well since I am retired since January I have a bit of a different view. My wife has taken over my man cave as she is working from home and has more PC and other equipment in there so I am out. I have super deep cleaned the house, Detailed my ss, then detailed the detail. Took care of the yard. Took over the land scaping at the church. Today my new red silicone hoses are to be delivered so that will be my next project. I try and have some sort of project around either my cars or pickup or house every day just to keep busy. So far things are great!

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
Well now, Welcome to retirement. I, being retired Army, GoodYear & deputy sheriff learned you have to have something to maintain sanity. I've collected a trove of projects. I may never complete them but if I don't I won't know about it anyway. My wife said this morning that the thing she dislikes the most about all this is not being able to do things, even if she doesn't want to, is not being allowed to do them.
While others may be thinking of their " I survived the China Virus" tattoo, I wish I could get a haircut. If not soon I will no longer be Snowman but Repunzil.

We Shall Overcome

Mark: Snowman-33

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I found that out also ---right away. I must stay busy, keep my mind and body occupied at all times. I ain't going to be a retired guy on the couch watching Dr. phil

·
Registered
12 Posts
He won't stop licking his stitched up foot, so he is stuck wearing the 'cone of shame.'
He doesn't appear to like fashion accessories much.

Busier than normal at work here, will see how long it lasts.
I have a set of heads at the machine shop that I'm starting to think I will never see (dropped them off Feb 7th). Boss tells me this morning he bought two dump trucks at (county) auction. I can only hope they're in as good condition as his last auction-mobile. Rusty pos - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

1 - 20 of 20 Posts