Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Anyone get the LSX truck manifold to fit under the caprice hood?

6K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  killerzracing71 
#1 ·
grey95buick shoehorned it on the ls1tech forum. Just wondering if the gods will permit me.

#2 ·
Nope. I tried it but it will not fit without cutting the cowl.

#8 ·
Yes, is this going on an LS1/2/6 or LQ4/9 motor? Than LS6 intake is going to be what you need. If you're doing this on one of the Gen IV motors like an L76 or L76, an LS6 intake won't fit and you'll need the 'car' L76 intake.

#9 ·
possible yes!!! worth it.......NO!

i originally made it happen to run all truck acc. didn't want to space out water pump to clear car intake.

u would need to cut the cowl...as well as a part of the inner frame of the inner hood.

if u look closely in the pic u can see what had to be cut under the hood.

good luck.

JP

#11 ·
Victor Jr. wins??

Funny on how the single plane carb style Victor Jr. out flows all of the OEM intakes !!!

Just noticing. Maybe just maybe a Victor Jr. with 90mm TM and 105* (or 90*)elbow is the way to go.

#12 ·
Funny on how the single plane carb style Victor Jr. out flows all of the OEM intakes !!!

Just noticing. Maybe just maybe a Victor Jr. with 90mm TM and 105* (or 90*)elbow is the way to go.
If you want peak power great, but the carb intake will run 15-20 ft-# (or more) in the low-midrange RPM, peak torque will be lower. In fact the single plane carbed intake won't really start to make more power until 6100-6500 RPM, if you wan to run there all day great but if you street the car, it's a big tradeoff. Needs more plenum and runner length.

#13 ·
Just my 2 cents.

Those carb's LS1's are not the greatest thing since sliced bread far as the pocket book goes.
Do the math and look at the bottom line becasue you have to buy a MSD ignition controller, aftermarket trans controller expensive carb and intake. far as the truck engine, it's cheap to get a LS1 intake used for $50, top idler relocate bracket for $85 and you are good to go. Same PCM, same file, integrated trans controller. TH350 and 700r4 require some special fabrication just to hook up the kickdown cable to the LS1 throttle body.

#14 ·
Thx greychev. Exactly what I was looking for.

#18 ·
If its a race car a ported victor jr with a 4 barrel tb is the way to go. Cuz the elbow chokes the 2 front cylinders and people can see up to 50rwhp from changing from a elbow with a 90mm tb to a 4 barrel. And I am now going to go carb with my ls1swap.

#19 ·
^^^ I agree. You will lose some low end torque with the carb intake, but it makes up for it on the high end. I wouldn't recommend it for a street app unless you had a cam to compliment it.

i'm not too sure about it choking off the front 2 cylinders though. I think it would all be dependent on the bend radius of the elbow. The smoother the bend, the smoother the airflow. I've seen people gain 50rwhp from changing from a low profile edelbrock elbow to a intakeelbows.com elbow.

#20 ·
True^^ but that's why u put a high stall!!!! Lol. And ur right. There's a thread on tech in the dyno section pretty good info in there. And good thing I'm going to start working probably this week. Cuz its almost complete. Just needs the final details.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.