Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone installed an AutoZone lifetime P/S Pump

Hey fellas,
My Lee rebuilt power steering pump which has only 3-4 years, and maybe 10K miles on it, has started leaking quite a but recently.

I'm wondering if anyone has installed an AutoZone lifetime pump; (P/N: 6309N @ $152.99) and what the thoughts were on this?

It's triple the price of the ACDelco (P/N: 19318798 @ $52.99) unit advertised on Summit.

My thoughts are that the AZ is a lifetime warranty, and if it goes out, I just get a replacement, like I do for the front and rear calipers, but it's triple the price of Summit's (W/O Shipping & Tax)

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
I'd trust one from a salvage yard first.

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd trust one from a salvage yard first.
Yeah, it's bummer about these particular things....

I dunno if one of the Roadmasters I saw in the yard had it's front portion of the engine accessories torn off or not on my last visit. That would certainly make things easier.

That's an option, but the donor would have to look pretty clean for me to be up to that.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Almost bought one of those from AZ but the new one from Summit was a bit cheaper. I wanted to stay away from all the rebuilt stuff. If the new one leaks I will just reseal it myself.

Feel pretty stupid for dumping the entire 67k wagon I had rather than parting it out for myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts