Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
C3Fab Extended Control Arms GP (10% off)

C3Fab is offering 10% off with a minimum of 5 orders. i am looking to get the fully boxed lowers & tubular uppers set myself. anyone interested???

So Far:

1) Udownwitk (2 sets)
2) Narc 9C1
3) easy79

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
C3Fab is down to give us a 10% discount with a minimum order of 5 sets. Anyone interested??

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interested....

boxed, stock length (?)
its my understanding that you can get which ever kit you want. he didn't specify. he just said, "Sure ..... A minimum of 5 orders , 10% discount !!"
thats all i needed to hear, LOL.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I'm interested. I was going to go with PMTs. How's the quality of these C/As?

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm interested. I was going to go with PMTs. How's the quality of these C/As?

GREAT QUALITY. go read some of the reviews here on the forum. C3Fab is one of the best out there.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Anyone Else?! Lets make this an early Christmas present!!

Hey, UDOWNWITK which ones were you planning on getting? It looks like you car already has some extended C/As

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
I would have been interested in a GP if they were control arms, and not trailing arms.

Great quality stuff though. If I ever decide to replace my BMRs, C3 will be the supplier.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I would have been interested in a GP if they were control arms, and not trailing arms.

Great quality stuff though. If I ever decide to replace my BMRs, C3 will be the supplier.
So, are these not considered control arms? They are trailing arms? I always read "control arms" when I have shopped for them.

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
So, are these not considered control arms? They are trailing arms? I always read "control arms" when I have shopped for them.

No the Service Manual refers them as 'Trailing Arms'. CTRL arms are up front. I'd have to wait 'till I get home to verify though (I certainly have been known to have been wrong now and then).

The Compnine website exploded isometric illustration bill of material refers to them as CTRL arms as well.

http://compnine.com/index.php?u=1&year=1996&artnbr=MB07-050&artsfx=NULL&supplgroup=NULL&catcode=17B&modelcode=B&makecode=C&modelseries=BA&uid=1&modelid=1147577256&capuid=1&majorgroup=07&grouptype=B

I'd have to DBL check when I get home, but I'm pretty sure Bill Harper (Navy Lifer) was the one who corrected my terminology when I first joined the ISSF and had to replace my lower trailing arms in my 9C1.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Hey I'll call them trailing arms...as long as I can get them 10% off!

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Anyone Else?! Lets make this an early Christmas present!!

Hey, UDOWNWITK which ones were you planning on getting? It looks like you car already has some extended C/As
naw, i dont have any. im stock. but i plan on getting these (normally $276.95):

http://www.shop.c3fab.com/GM-B-BODY-91-96-FULLY-BOXED-LOWERS-TUBULAR-UPPERS-GMB-9196-FBLSU.htm

if they are called trailing arms then i've been saying it wrong. the website calls states it as rear control arms/rear trailing arms.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hmm, i thought there'd be more interest. well, this thread will be here and hopefully people see it and become interested in the coming days/weeks. :(

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ok. i actually am gettin 2 sets (one set for 72 cutlass). so thats 4 orders so far.

So Far:

1) Udownwitk (2 sets)
2) Narc 9C1
3) easy79

·
Premium Member
1,366 Posts
Will changing to the extended to center wheels f up the pinion angle. I will be i'n too depending on labor if any to reset pinion angle on car

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Will changing to the extended to center wheels f up the pinion angle. I will be i'n too depending on labor if any to reset pinion angle on car

hmmm, I was told that the extended trailing arms will not mess up the pinion angle, but not positive. I'll ask around.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts