Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm going to reupholster my door panel on my 94 Buick Roadmaster Wagon and I've taken it all apart. Obviously a lot of the panel is sonic plastic welded and made out of ABS plastic. The most notorious part of the panel that breaks is the bezel with the fake wood grain.

So i re-created the interior door bezel via AutoCAD and now i'm in search of a CNC shop that is capable of machining it out of aluminum.

So far in town shops are more interested in mass production items, in very rare cases they said just a one off would would well over $800 (ouch) :crying:

So I'm curious if anyone can point me in a direction to any other CNC shops that is able to help me out.

Hopefully if this works out, if anyone else wants to replace/reupholster/customize the door panels this may start out to something big that others can buy into.

Anyway, please PM me or just give me links to shops you may have worked with or know of that could help me out.

Thanks a bunch!

FYI I did post this in the Impala SS 'Interior' sub-forum, but since this is a Roadmaster I'm working on, I also posted it here.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Hey I worked at a local high tech school that has a wonderful machine shop. The teacher and I became great friends over 20 years. They have a brand new CNC machine with everything else a high machine shop has because it all tax funded money. I make projects for me all the time.
Is that file something you could send me, and I can ask the teacher to make one. I would buy a set also for my Roadmaster Project.
Text me at 314 681 6918

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a blue driver side front and back door inside panel if needed. The whole set up i have a burgundy setup now if you still looking

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Your best bet will to find someone who has a home machine shop or access to one like KDB50SS's friend. As you've found, professional machine shop time isn't cheap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts