Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys. I have 2 brothers who are my neighbors. They have a CNC machine and are picking up a Hass CNC in a couple of months.
I was wondering if there is any market for CNC parts still or have those days past.
They are making a CNC aluminum trim piece for a custom 69 Camaro SS console I am going to be running
If anyone has any ideas let me know and I can get more info.

There great guys and I wouldn't ask this if I didn't think these were great guys.
Thanks let me know your thoughts

·
Registered
“91” Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
147 Posts
Wagon rear glass hinges.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wonder if they could do pulleys? In particular, the B/D power steering pump pulley.

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello everyone. The email to send requests to is [email protected].
There names are Sean and James. Great guys. I suggest if you guys know members or anyone with a b-body to see if you need similar parts so they see the demand.
Thanks guys for listening and hopefully they can help us all out.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well your neighbors are either going to love you for this or never talk to you again, lol. I sent them an email, but I was wondering if any of yinz have a good set of hinges to get some measurements from?

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL. They are looking for the work. They have a large Haas coming in a couple of months and it's not cheap.
So they got to make some money for it. Like I said great guys and if there not I live right across from them and I wire up all there machines. 😁.

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
1,657 Posts

The forum really wanted me to bump this.

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
Well your neighbors are either going to love you for this or never talk to you again, lol. I sent them an email, but I was wondering if any of yinz have a good set of hinges to get some measurements from?
I have a right one. the left is a mirror image.

Reactions: Brick B-Body

·
Registered
568 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Stroked's neighbors finally got back to me on reproducing the rear hinges, this is the response.

Hello Russ,

I am very sorry I am just responding, this message went to spam for some reason! The part definitely looks like we could reproduce it out of plastic, or metal, whichever you would like! We would need a computer model of it, which we could design if you think the parts are good enough to reference. Could you supply more pictures? Thank you!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Does anyone have the measurements, and do yinz think plastic or metal? I'm sure plastic is cheaper but I like the durability of metal.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
I'm sure plastic is cheaper but I like the durability of metal.
Go with metal. I think these upgraded hinges would appeal to wagon owners who are in it for the long haul, and value durability. If they can be polished up, might even interest the guys who like bling.

A couple years ago, there was an attempt to 3D print these: Tailgate Window Hinges

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi guys. They also have a 3D printer and the can CNC out of Delrin. That's the hard plastic there using in controls arms etc.

They have made some Delrin products for around the house issues I have had.

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
1,657 Posts
Hi guys. They also have a 3D printer and the can CNC out of Delrin. That's the hard plastic there using in controls arms etc.

They have made some Delrin products for around the house issues I have had.
They REALLY should start producing the 9c1 air dams. Hopefully someone can get them a set to model.

·
Registered
147 Posts
A couple years ago, there was an attempt to 3D print these: Tailgate Window Hinges
Here's the post from longroof forum.

Hey everyone, sorry it has taken so long to get back to you guys. I have not gotten the 3D printed ones to work as of yet, and given the shear weight of that rear window, I am leaning more towards just going with CNC aluminum. It will be much cheaper per set if I have multiples made instead of one set, so is there any interest from you guys for CNC aluminum tri shield hinges? Price would be between 80-100 per full set plus shipping, depending on interest.

So I'm not sure what kind of plastic he used on his hinges, but it didn't work. I think I'll stick with metal.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Forgot about the 9C1 air dams those would sell like HOT Cakes !!!
i smash mine and use HF plastic welder to fix them constantly.
-ALF out...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts